CHAPTER 9

"You seem lost these days son", the gruff voice said, bringing the man sitting by the window with his legs spreading out in front of him and hands behind his head leaning onto the wall for support to reality. The crown prince snapped out of his dazed as he looked towards the king with a bored expression. "Is something bothering you?", the old man whispered, trying hard to get his son to speak to him. 

"It's not something, it's someone father", the prince answered, eyes going back to staring at the empty palace garden. "I hope feelings are involved this time", the king said wistfully. Oh, how he hoped to see his son finally move from the one timers that he asked his men to bring once in a while, and start a family with his queen. How he would love to see the silent, dead garden come alive with the cries and laughter of his grandchildren. 

"I'm not sure yet, but it maybe so. The male omega is really beautiful", the son claimed, a ghost of a smile hovering his lips. The king smiled too, heart elevating at the sight of his son smiling after so long. But his heart dropped as the smile disappeared as quickly as it had appeared, his face becoming blank again. 

"Be careful that you do not go overboard and act on your feelings if the omega declines you. A person cannot be forced to love someone so do not become obsessed with the omega if he denies having feelings for you like you did last time", the father warned before getting up and walking out of the chamber without waiting for an answer. 

The prince scoffed as the so called warning, "Who is he to tell me what to do?". So what if it happened once? That omega was bound to die anyways, it was her destiny along with his child. "My child?", the prince internally mocked himself for accepting it was his child. 

No one could claim that it was his child until he himself claimed that it was his. And besides he did not have to worry about those two causing trouble, having asked his servants to get rid of them. 

For now he had to figure out how to convince the omega to accept him, which would not be difficult because no matter what status in society, who could resist the opportunity to stand by the prince's side and be his companion. The power and riches that came along with it were simply irresistible.

XXX   

The winter had arrived bring with it attention to forgotten the warm mufflers, scarfs and sweaters kept in trunks. Out the all came in different shapes and sizes, colors and designs, some new and some old. The only thing that was left was snow. Seokjin eagerly waited for it as it was his favorite time of the year after the onset of spring.

Putting his beanie on he made his way out of the earn house informing his mother that he was going to meet 'Jimin' and will be home late. He admired the pretty colors winter flowers that were growing for the past few weeks, which would be buried deep under the snow soon. 

Shivering, he pulled his sweater tighter around himself, walking a little faster hoping increase the warmth. The chilly wind flew past him, making him stop and pull his scarf tighter around himself, covering his nose with it. He could almost picture himself with a red nose and ears skipping down the street.

Seokjin stopped in his tracks as his eyes fell on the purple flowers that grew along the path adoring it like festive decorations. Their purple color and delicateness drew him to them, as he crouched down to inspect them. He had seen these flowers before but he could not recollect their name somehow, which was surprising given how much he loved nature. With eyes on te flowers and furrowed eyebrows, Seokjin raked his brain hoping to remember it.

"They're violets", a voice from behind him said. Startled, he looked up to see the crown prince looking down at him with a smile on his face. Seokjin quickly got up and bowed, "I'm sorry I did not see your highness approaching. Forgive me for my ignorance", he said. "It's okay but it should not happen again. A beauty like you will get in trouble if you do not pay attention to what's going on in your surroundings". Seokjin simply bowed.