CHAPTER 5

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. Much changed between Namjoon and Seokjin. The fire that lay dormant in them was reignited, the flames burning brighter with every passing day. So bright that it became difficult for even them to ignore.

"Hyungie, do you like Namjoon hyung?", Jungkook asked him one day. If he had been asked the same question before, he would have denied immediately. But now, he stopped to ponder upon it, which scared him. He shouldn't be feeling this way, not towards his best friend. But it was becoming difficult to contain his feelings, he didn't acknowledge them, but he couldn't ignore them as well. They were growing stronger day by day. Seokjin was afraid that one day he might act on his feelings and everything would be ruined.

But he couldn't help it. Every time Namjoon came a bit too close to him, his heart thudded and his breath hitched. Every time he placed a kiss on his forehead, his cheeks heated up, warmth spread in his chest. Every time time Namjoon whispered in his ear, it sent a shiver down his spine, goosebumps rose on his skin and he found himself leaning into his touch. 

And every single time he smiled, Seokjin wondered how it would feel like if he kissed Namjoon, he wished to know how his lips tasted, and that if they would perfectly fit with his own. His hugs made him feel safe, like nothing could ever harm him as long as he was enveloped in Namjoon's arms, melting in them and seeking comfort. The world suddenly seemed beautiful by his side, felt an adrenaline rush whenever he was with Namjoon. Always excited to meet him.

Namjoon was a good man. He was smart, kind and protective over Seokjin. He treated him with respect, something that he had seldom received from noble alphas or betas. He respected his personal space and understood him so well, which he loved as well as hated about him. 

He hated the fact that Namjoon could read him so easily, the wall that he had built around himself seemed to crumble in his presence. Of course, he had his flaws, but those made him even more attractive. No wonder the bachelor omegas and betas always flocked around him, trying to get his attention.

He remembered getting jealous of an omega who after many trials had finally seemed to have gained Namjoon's attention. She was the daughter of a friend of Namjoon's father. It seemed as though she was looking for a good man to be her mate and unfortunately for him, had set her eyes on Namjoon. 

He had overheard her talking to her friends about how she could easily woo Namjoon and that he was going to be her future mate. He was worried that what he overheard would come true one day, even though he knew that Namjoon wasn't interested in her. "Stop it Seokjin", he had scolded himself. "It is unto Namjoon to choose his mate that's it".

"What is wrong with me?", he signed, as her words kept popping up in his thoughts.

Currently, he was walking towards the alley which led him to Namjoon.

"Excuse me! You dropped your handkerchief", someone called out to him. Quickly, he turned around and after obtaining his handkerchief he made his way to apologize to the stranger. At that moment his eyes fell on the bracelet that the stranger was wearing. It was made of red thread which dragons carved in gold on the beads. He eyes widened in recognition.

It was the royal symbol. It was worn by the successor of the throne only. Panicking he bowed to the crown prince," Your Highness, please forgive me for my ignorance". "It's okay. You can rise now", the prince replied. Seokjin stood up, keeping his face bowed, hoping that the prince wouldn't want to see his face.

Unlike the King, the crown prince was mysterious, cold and rude. A dark aura always surrounded him. He was also known as a playboy, going to the extent of sending his spies to look for omegas who were ready to submit to him.