CHAPTER 17

The sun rose again, signaling a hectic day for the Kims. After sending her husband and eldest son for work, Seo jin got to work, running to the market to buy fresh fruits and vegetables, with Jungkook tagging along. Seokjin was sent to the salon despite his resistance for a glow up session, he didn't need to do much anyways, being blessed with outstanding beauty since birth.

Seokjin returned at noon, surprised to see his father and brother already back home. Lunch was quick and light, considering the fact that they had to eat something in the evening. The house was cleaned thoroughly, room by room, dusted and cleaned inside out much to Jungkook and Seokjung's confusion because the quests would be in the main room only, and that they were made to help as well.

Though he was apprehensive and nervous for the meeting, it wouldn't hurt to pamper himself right? So he chose a massage along with facial which relaxed him and took some load off his mind for a while at least. He hadn't recovered from Namjoon's betrayal yet, but he was trying to keep the thoughts out for the sake of a peaceful mind. 

Seokjin chose one of his best outfits for the evening, a baby pink hanbok with small flower embroidery on the belt. The sleeves were white in color, a perfect combination of the shades complimenting Seokjin's dewy skin, making him look prettier than he already was.

When the time came, he doused his lips in the extract of a pink flower, highlighting the plump lips and tied some strands of his hair, letting the rest of the long locks flow down his back. Then he sat silently in his room, admiring himself in the mirror and patiently waiting for someone to call him out.

After a while there was a small knock at his door and Jungkook peeped in. "You ready Hyungie?". "Hmm" he replied. Jungkook smiled at him, "You look so pretty". "Thank you" he said, a sweet smile gracing his face. 

"How does he look?" Seokjin then inquired to which Jungkook gave him an unreadable expression. "He looks good but.... I advice to keep calm once you see him. I have a feeling that you're not going to like what you see", Jungkook answered honestly.

Seokjin did not have much time to think about it as a servant approached him, informing that the guests were waiting for him. So he hurriedly check his appearance for one last time and stepped out if the room. The servant handed the tray with teapot and cup at the end of the hall way. Carefully carrying it, he walked into the main room and placed the tray on the table.

It felt as though lightening had struck him when his eyes met his suitor. Before him sat the prince of the Song Kingdom and beside him sat the king. Judging by his parents' expressions, they did not expect the royal family would show up either. It caught all of them off guard. Tension prevailed in the room, weighing down on him. His hands were clammy, almost dropping the teapot in the process.

Seokjin knew that the prince had been interested in him for sometime now but it had completely slipped from his mind since he thought that he would back off after Seokjin declined to work at the palace. This was totally unexpected. 

He thought the prince just fooling around but it was apparent that he was serious about it now. The fact that he even showed up at his home with his father made him uneasy. It was difficult enough to reject him alone but it would be a challenge to do that in the presence of his parents and the king.

They weren't dressed as flamboyantly as they usually did but Seokjin couldn't deny the fact that the prince had strikingly handsome features. His eyes were sharp, a thin long nose and his hair were open, the first time Seokjin saw him dressed like this and Seokjin couldn't help but think that the prince was really good looking.

He stepped back a little after recovering from his initial shock and offered them a full ninety degree bow. The king smiled kindly at him as Seokjin proceeded to serve them tea. He then took his seat between his parents, his brothers sitting on one side. After a small talk with him, they both were sent to chat in the garden for privacy.