CHAPTER 12

Seokjin paced back and forth, hands clasped together, forehead creased with worry. It had been a few days since that incident. True to his word Seokjung had neither allowed him to meet Namjoon no matter how much he pleaded, nor did he listen to him. 

He had somewhat expected that, his brother was head strong and took a lot more than words to convince him, but his aggression towards the topic had left the omega stunned. "Why won't he listen to me for once?", he had often found himself wondering. But that wasn't the only reason for his restlessness. 

Namjoon hadn't contacted him since that fateful day. He knew what happened between him and his brother, Yoongi had dropped by in the morning and informed Seokjin that the knight had received his message. 

But why had he become silent after that? The day before, he had run into Namjoon at the market, but the alpha had refused to acknowledge his presence even when Seokjin had boldly caught his arm. He had simply looked at him, freed his arm and walked away. 

The more he thought about it, the more his suspicion grew that his brother was involved in this. There was no other explanation as to why he was acting so strangely. Nothing much had happened that night. 

Seokjung has disappeared for a while and returned by dinner time. Dinner had been the hardest time of the day for him. Tension was evident among the two, both focused on their meals, keeping a fast pace in order to finish their meals and return to the sanctuary of their respective rooms. 

Jungkook had been unusually quiet as well, speaking only when their parents asked questions about his ongoing training at the military camp. The atmosphere had become so thick at a point that Seokjin felt like he was going to suffocate if he stayed put any longer. 

He almost choked on his dumpling  when his father asked Seokjung if anything was wrong. Thankfully his brother had denied it, claiming he had had a long day and was tired. The tension between them hadn't reduced even after a few days. Jungkook had stopped interacting with Taehyung fearing that it would increase Seok Jung's suspicion about his involvement in helping Seokjin out of the house undetected and covering for him when he visited Namjoon.

The following nights were sleepless for Seokjin, who tossed and turned in bed for hours contemplating on his stupidity for not being careful enough, giving in to the tiredness early morning. Nights had passed with him worrying endlessly about the wellbeing of his alpha, even crying himself to sleep some times. 

It had begun to reflect on his face and behavior. He no longer stepped out of the house as frequently as he used to, preferring to be left in solitude, in the four walls of his bedroom or the garden. His mother would often find him looking out of the window and spacing out, seemingly lost in his own little world.

He rarely smiled now, face either void of any emotion of set in a small frown, forehead creased with lines of worry. Even his smiles seemed forced, cheeks no longer elevating and the twin almond eyes no longer crinkling with delight. These changes in him concerned Jungkook and Jimin no end, who came by once in a while, giving him company and attempting to console him that everything was going to be okay.  

It hurt Seokjin terribly, to be separated from Namjoon, who had become an important part of his life. He missed him awfully, craving for his presence day and night. The guilt of not doing his part in hiding their relationship properly ate his insides, refusing to listen to Jungkook who had tried to convince him otherwise. 

"If only I was a bit more careful". Namjoon's voice, touch and presence had been deeply engraved in his mind. And he couldn't help but try to lose himself in the memories of them to reduce the pain of longing.