CHAPTER 15

"Why is it wrong of me to still want the omega and pursue him?", the prince shouted.

"Because he had already rejected all your advances son. There is no point in running after him anymore, now that you know he already has a lover. You have other responsibilities and there will be many more opportunities for you to find love. Learn to accept things as they are and not what you want them to be. And most importantly learn to let go of things which you cannot have. Being a prince or a king does not mean that you will receive absolutely everything you want, a king has to compromise too. For his kingdom, for the subjects and many times for himself too", his majesty replied.

"So what? I am in love with him. If I keep him near he will learn to love me too."

"Love does not work that way Hanuel."

"Really?", he scoffed. "And what do you know about love your majesty", he said in a mocking tone.

"I loved you mother", the king muttered lowly.

The prince's expression turned sour. "LIAR. If you had really loved her than you wouldn't have let her die!" he snarled.

XXX

"No not this.... uh will this be fine?" he asked himself, inspecting the jewelry piece closely. "Nah not this too".

"Looking for something handsome?"

Seokjung turned towards the voice to see a beautiful woman looking at him, a smile etched on her face. He mirrored it and replied, "Ah yes... I'm looking for a jewelry piece to gift someone". "Your lady love I assume?" she asked. 

"Oh no! It's for my brother, he's an omega and his birthday is coming up so I was looking for something to give even though I have no knowledge about these things", he replied with chuckle.

The woman laughed in response. "I could help you, you know. You just have to ask...."

"Really?". "Uh hu"

"Alright then, Miss......?" "Jiwoo"

"Miss Jiwoo would you like to help me choose a gift for my brother?"

"Happily", she replied with smile.

XXX

Seokjin gleefully skipped down the muddy road. His heart was thudding in his chest and he couldn't wait to bury himself in Namjoon's arms after so long. It had been only two weeks but it felt like it had been ages since he had seen him. He had no idea of his whereabouts. Seokjung had explained to him why the alpha was acting so distant earlier. 

Now that he knew the reason, he wasn't mad anymore. Rather he was proud of him and his ego thrived to think about the lengths that Namjoon was ready to go for him. For some reason, he felt jittery, and his insides twisted in worry but he brushed them off, pulling his coat tighter around his frame and not giving them much thought.

At their usual place, he found the alpha's back facing him, hands behind his back. His hair flew with the cold breeze and coat which perfectly framed his sturdy build. Seokjin ran up to him. "Joon!", he called out. But he stopped dead in his tracks when he turned towards him. He smiled at Seokjin but it seemed forced. "Heyy" he whispered, holding out his arms into which the omega slid in immediately.

Seokjin nuzzled into his neck, breathing in the scent which he had missed the most. Namjoon pulled his scarf a little, burying his face in his neck, nose gliding over the scent glad, covering Seokjin with his scent thoroughly. The omega sighed into the embrace, feeling comforted about the fact that his alpha was near him.