CHAPTER 33

Spring had been received with open arms, the thick coats and furs were discarded along with it. The snow had long melted, the trees now covered with green leaves and laden with ripening fruits. The baren bushes were blooming with flowers, chitter of birds could be heard occasionally.

"You are what?!" Jimin yelled, immediately shushed by Yoongi who looked around to see if anyone had heard them. Being pregnant outside marriage would not sound good for his and his lover's families so both sides had agreed to keep quiet until the marriage ceremony was over. Beside him, Seokjin took his hand and squeezed it, his own eyes wide in surprise and disbelief.

 The beta audibly swallowed, feeling tears prick his eyes and he nodded in confirmation. He had come to notice that every time the life growing inside him was mentioned, his heart somersaulted leaving a fluttering feeling in his stomach. He squeezed the elder omega's hand back, a wide smile displaying his gums replacing the usual straight face.

For a good minute, he received no reaction making him jittery, feet kicking the table in front of him lightly as his two friends just stared and him and then looked at each other. The slowly as the news sunk in, their smiles grew, eyes curving in pretty little crescent moons, disbelieving laughs leaving their mouths.

 Jimin covered his mouth with his chubby little hand to muffle his screams and louds laughs making the beta giggle. Seokjin squealed, wrapping him up in a tight hug which Yoongi returned without hesitation, nuzzling his nose in his hair as a mark of affection, his wide smile buried in the others chest.

"Why didn't you tell us before?", Jimin asked. "I wanted to", Yoongi whined. "But you wouldn't let me finish my sentence while knitting for the baby" he said, giggling when the two omegas dumbly stared at him. "So.. Wait a minute! The clothes we knitted weren't for your aunt's child?". "No.." Yoongi laughed. "I wanted to surprise you by saying that they baby would be so happy that his uncles made his clothes but both of you did not let me speak". Jimin pouted, Seokjin scratching the back of his neck embarrassed.

"How do you feel?", Seokjin asked when they later sat on Yoongi's bed, sitting comfortably with Jimin squished to his side. He snorted, "It feels..... different. I feel tired a lot because of the the changes happening in my body, the evening sickness is worse and eomma says I have extreme mood swings with cravings along with me being sensitive lately" he huffed. 

"Also, I miss Hobi a lot" he said, voice barely above a whisper. "I miss him more these days. It's like, my wolf is always restless, I feel vulnerable and.. and upset now that know that he is far away from me", he said, a lump in his throat, voice thick. Jimin rubbed his back comfortingly, a sad smile on his face. 

"I can't go to sleep without his scent around me. He even gave me one of his scarfs to keep but sometimes it's just not enough and the fact that he's somewhere unsafe does not help" he huffed, tear rolling down his cheek.

"I know that it's hard for you Yoongi but hang in there, Hobi will be back soon" Jimin comforted, taking his hand in his and giving it a quick squeeze. "You too Jin hyung. You worry too much. Both of the time are good warriors and they will be back before you know it". 

Seokjin and Yoongi nodded dumbly, not wanting to stretch the issue more. The lively atmosphere around them turned dim, Yoongi absentmindedly looking out the window.

"Oh look at you pretty boys sitting so silently", Yoongi's mother chided as she appeared with three plates of steaming dumplings and noodles. The food immediately helped brighten the mood as the three men smiled wide at her, humming as the delicious smell invaded their noses.

 "Eat up now! You both haven't been eating well recently. Look how thin you have become!" she exclaimed, ruffling Jimin's hair. Yoongi did not have to be told twice and he immediately picked a dumpling up, blowing on it a little before shoving it into his mouth.