Chapter 16

2 years ago..

You took a deep breath before entering the bar you're currently working for. Your mother was fired from her job a week ago, and it's also been a week since you started here.

It was rough considering you're not in the right age for working here. But, you decided to risk it.. to help your mother buy medicine for herself.

After putting on your uniform, you took the round tray. Put a smile on your face as you took some orders from customers. Working in a bar was hard, there are some dudes who thinks you're available or hit on you. But you just don't mind them.

It's true, this bar wasn't a good place to work at. It is full of prostitutes.. but you're working as a part time waiter. You go here after school.

But you never thought that, your intention on helping your mother by getting this job.. will drag your life to the pit.

Because the next day, everyone started gossiping about you.. looking at you with those looks and saying mean things to you. Those people who stick around you before, they all turned their back on you and started talking bad about you.

Whoever is that person who spread false rumor about you being a prostitute.. was still unknown. Everyone used this opportunity to drag the most popular girl in school back then.

But this didn't stop you from working, you needed money for your mother's medication.. and this rumor will not stop you either way.

Until..

"I saw you... you're with Emma last night when you told me that you're busy doing your homework!" Your words are shaking, all you could feel is pain right now.. in front of the person you needed the most in a situation like this.

"Y/n.. I don't even wanna be seen with you right now." His words were like knives digging inside you.

"So you are cheating on me with my best friend..?" You wanted him to say no, to say that he can never do that because he loves you.. but no..

"I fell out of love."

It's painful, you know he's lying.. because the truth is he's disgusted just being called as your boyfriend ever since that rumor blew up. He never listens to your explanation.

"Draken! I don't know how many times do I have to explain myself.. but to be honest, this doesn't give you enough reason to cheat on me.. with my best friend."

"You're a messed, Y/n. A whore.. a prostitute.. I don't wanna be involved with someone like you."

Those were the last words you heard from him until today. The last sentence he said to you before everything ended, just like that.. he said what he have to say and just left.

And proceed to be happy with your best friend while you're suffering for the past two years. Not a single apology, just mean words.. them calling you a whore and leave. Not a single apology was heard from their mouth.

You guessed that, the rumor of you being a prostitute was worser than them cheating on you. It was a different suffering that you have to bare, since you didn't stop working at the bar until later this year.

You're thankful that your mother finally had a stable job that pays a lot of money. And when it comes to your father.. sadly, he's already resting in heaven.

Of course, even if you stopped working at that bar. The bullying never stops to the point that, you just gave up on everyone. You just decided to just be by yourself. Because in the end of the day, you only have you.

You got used to being alone at times, people avoiding you when group projects are mentioned so you ended up doing it on your own, alone.

But after those years of suffering, you found yourself right now.. looking up, staring at this man's sexy grin while he ordered you to pick up your phone that he just dropped on purpose.

To be honest.. Sanzu is annoying, but he changed your life.

"Tsk! You almost broke her phone." Katana was pissed off as she was the one to pick it up and placed it on your desk.

You saw how Sanzu's grin dropped which made you smile, "You're always ruining everything." He said to Katana, "Do you like her or something?"

"She's my friend, if I like her she wouldn't be in a relationship with you right now." She responded, rolling her eyes in annoyance as she went back to her seat.

"Anyway.." he also rolled his eyes back at her, "Let's have lunch outside the school today. Let Katana be alone for today."

"That's mean.. but where are you planning to take me?" You playfully raised your brows at him.

"I'd honestly take you to a hotel if you want." He whispered, "But, since I am an ideal boyfriend. I'll take you out on a date."

"Gosh.. why did I even decided to date you." You face palmed as you sigh, "Right.. I didn't have any choice."

"Correct, because I am the only worthy man for you to date, love. Anyway, your class is going to start.. I'll head back now before we get more audiences okay?"

"Alright, see you in lunchtime then."

-

"You guys were so noisy." Senju rolled her eyes on her brother who is currently reading a book. "And since when did you start liking books?"

"You're just jealous."

"Duh, you banging a girl in your room isn't new to me. It just sucks because your room is next to mine." She hissed at him, telling him her complaints.

"Well, my girl was enjoying it.. who am I to shush her?" He return with a cocky grin.

"My girl? Are you finally settling with one girl this time? Or I just heard that sentence wrong?"

"You heard me right. My girl, my girlfriend.. Y/n."

"Y/n? Hmm.. sounds familiar." She put her forefinger on her chin as she recall the time she heard that name. But her memory isn't really good at remembering someone just by their name.

"Anyway, what the hell do you want? Why are you suddenly here in my room?" Sanzu decided to focus on the main reason why he's being bothered by his sister.

"I'll get to the point.. I need you and Katana to come back to the gang."

This made Sanzu turn his head towards her. He wasn't expecting her to even mention this. Especially now he's trying to forget all his memories during those days. Being in a gang is the worst decision for him.

"No, I can't." He answered, before returning his gaze back to the book he was currently reading. He's not even reading it, he's just looking at it now because of what Senju just said.

"Why not? I thought you're just going to leave temporarily? I think now is the time to come back." She shrugged.

"I can't. I am not coming back anymore." He paused for a bit as a sudden flash of you popped inside his head. "Especially now.. I don't want to do something that will disappoint her."

"Oh so you are in a committed relationship? Tsk! This isn't you.. this is the lame version of you. I'm just going to asked Katana instead." And with that, Senju left his room. Slamming the door after her.

Causing Sanzu to sigh, remembering those days he spent in the gang. All those regretful days filled with traumatic past and shit.. he won't come back to those days ever again.

He don't wanna see himself in a mess again, now that you're here.. he doesn't wanna do anything to make you regret your decisions and leave him.