Chapter 22

Your eyes never left your phone, not even once because you're scared that you might missed a call from Sanzu.

Well, it's been a week since he started to act distant from you. He would often deny or just say it was a personal work, but since you lived years of your life having a massive trust issues.. you think something is off.

"What if he's lying about the bet? What if it's actually true and now he's sick of me that's why he's acting like this?" You asked yourself, there's so many what if's inside your head that you can't answer yourself.

You find it funny how he used to chase you, now it feels like you're begging attention from him.

"This is so stupid!" You stood up from your chair as you had enough of waiting for him. "If he doesn't wanna talk to me, nor see me.. then so be it!"

You suddenly felt thirsty so you thought of getting yourself something to drink. And as you were about to turn your back from your phone, you suddenly heard a notification which made you instantly grabbed your phone to see who is it.

Sanzu:
I'm outside.

You suddenly went to look on your window to see if it's true, and to your surprise.. he's standing outside your place, leaning against his car as he was on his phone.

You suddenly got excited, not to see him. But to argue with him and force him to explain everything to you right now. Your mom isn't home, she went out to have some girls day with her friends.

Anyway, Sanzu was alarm when he saw your front door open, he quickly put his phone back inside his pocket as he went to greet you with a smile.

"I missed you." He said, kissing your cheeks.

"Let's go inside." You said in a cold tone, turning your back at him and started walking back inside.

He shrugged and followed you, you may seem like you hate seeing him right now.. but the truth is, you're freaking out inside because it's been a long time since you saw his handsome face.

Sanzu closed the door after him, he went to sit down on the couch where you were waiting for him. As a person who needs assurance all the time, you needed to talk to him about this issue already.

"I'll stop beating around the bush. Why are you acting like this?" You said, facing him as he looked at you with his confused expression.

"Doing what?" He raised a brow.

"You've been really distant to me for a week now. And I barely see you at school, and what about your practice? Your match is near.. what are you planning to do?" You threw bunch of questions on his face.

But he chuckled, "Calm down, even if I don't train I can play on any match."

"That's not my point.." you sighed, "Are you cheating on me?"

His eyes widened, blinking multiple times before he started to burst out of laughter. And obviously, you're not happy about his behavior. Laughing at a serious moment made you feel insulted.

"Answer me, the fuck?" You hissed at him, hitting his shoulder as he continued to laugh while caressing the spot where you hit him.

"Stop laughing now, it's not funny anymore!" You warned him again, luckily he finally picked up your tone and actually stops laughing while he whipped his tears of joy.

"Okay okay, first of all.. I'm the most loyal boyfriend you can ever have. Why would I cheat on you?"

"Don't throw the question back on me and start to explain yourself.. I'm tired of overthinking stuff that keeps me up all night!" You shouted at him, causing him to be stunned seeing how angry you are.