Chapter 23

You have all the rights the dump his ass after acting out like that. You're confused when he suddenly just whipped his tears and started to walk out of your house.

Then it went back again, no calls, no text.. and you haven't seen him. He also missed his match, you came to support him with Katana. But you just ended up supporting his friends instead.

Weeks had passed, you stayed committed to him. You don't wanna break up because you wanted to wait for him to show up again, because you know to yourself that something is wrong. And he's obviously not telling you.

"We still have about 20 minutes before the exam starts." Katana announced while looking at her watch.

Time flew so fast, and you're already in front of the door where you're going to take your college entrance exam with Katana. You picked this university because you have more opportunities in here.

You didn't expect Katana to pick this as well, she said that she's only following orders because Kaito finished his studies here, and Karu is currently studying in this university.

This university is for elites, you're hoping to get a scholarship. And if you get the score needed, you'll definitely get them. You didn't let Sanzu distract you when you were studying for this exam though.

"I'm sure you'll ace this up, you're smart." Katana giggle as she ruffles your hair.

There's already some students waiting with you guys. You can't help not to get nervous too.

"Thanks, you're smart too Katana. So good luck!"

"Good luck to you too-"

Katana was cut off when your phone suddenly started to ring. And out of curiosity, you took out your phone and saw Sanzu on the ID. You're hesitating whether to pick it up or not.

But with a frown brows, you did.

"H-hello?"

"Is this his girl?" It was another man's voice, and judging from the background, it seems like there's chaos.

You got even more nervous, "Yes, and who is this?"

"You better come and pick up his ass before he dies here with his own blood. The mother fucker has guts to start a fight with us and look at him now." The man laughed, and you heard some other dudes laughing as well. "I'm nice enough to let you know. I'll text you the address."

Your hands were shaking as you stared at screen of your phone when the man hangs up. Your mind was hella messed up right now, hearing the word death next to his name made your heart beat raise like there's no tomorrow.

"Are you okay? Who was that?" Katana seems to pick up your reaction.

"How many more minutes before the exam starts?"

"About 15 minutes, why what's going on?" She asked again.

"It's near, I can make it." And without hesitation, you started to ran towards the direction of the exit of this campus.

You even heard Katana calling out your name, but you really couldn't careless since all in your mind is Sanzu. Like what the guy said, he's beaten up and probably would die.

It's scaring you so much that you keep on whipping your tears as you ran. You didn't even care if people would look at you, all is in your head is Sanzu.

You're frustrated enough to burst out like this, and you didn't have the time to explain everything to Katana since you're running out of time. You're confident that you'll make it within 15 minutes if you're fast enough.

"Sanzu! Where are you!" You yelled, calling out her name as soon as you got to the location. It was a scary alley, you've met some creepy dudes on your way but you just decided to go in anyway.

You're cursing at him in your head multiple times because he got himself in trouble, and it's only you who can get his ass right now.

And it seems like fate was in your side again, when you saw a man.. laying down on the ground, seeing those bloods around him made you go instantly towards him.

It was Sanzu, you quickly crouched down and put his head on your lap as you remove some strands of his hair on his face. Your heart sank seeing him like this, there's blood coming out of his mouth and he has his eyes closed.

"Sanzu.." you called his name. "We have to go, come on."

You tried to help him stand up, but the man was quickly alarmed as he detached himself to you. You're shock to see him this far away from you now, he's glaring at you for whatever reason it is.

But this isn't the time for that, you need to get him somewhere safe and get back to the campus as soon as possible. You don't even know how many minutes you have left.

"Please, Sanzu. Cooperate with me, come on let's get out of this crapy place-"

Your words were cut off when he suddenly pulled out a gun and aimed it to you. You just suddenly put your hands up in surrender, as tears started to roam down your eyes again.. seeing him with a gun terrifies you.

"Do you want to die?! Why are you here!" He yelled, still having his gun on you.

"N-no.. I don't wanna die, please enough of this.." you begged for him, God knows how many times you have cried on your way here. You didn't expect to cry more when you saw him.

"Where's Yukimi? Give her to me!" His words made you froze as he mentioned another girls' name.

It gave you a heart ache when you saw how determined he is to be with this girl. You could see it in his eyes, you felt as if he doesn't know you that you're just a stranger.

"Speak, woman!" His loud voice made you flinch, but you couldn't find a word to speak. You're speechless after hearing another woman's name.

"If you don't speak, I'll kill you." He threatens, making you look at his eyes.

You used to find those eyes very amusing, you used to her butterflies in your tummies when you met those dazzling blue eyes. But now, all you could feel is pain while looking at those eyes, knowing that those eyes were searching for someone else.

"I don't know where she is.." you don't even know who she is. You let out a breath, after knowing that you got betrayed again.

From someone who promised to give the world to you, from someone who showed you nothing but love and appreciation.. that someone is the same person who is pointing a gun on you, threatening to kill you.

"Then who are you?" He asked.

"No one.. I-i just saw you here." You already knew something is wrong with him, besides him looking for another girl. This behavior of his is starting to scare you to the point that you're thinking that he's doing something that he doesn't wanna tell you.

But your trains of overthinking broke when you suddenly heard a familiar voice. "Akashi!" It was Katana, she ran towards Sanzu and kicked his hand causing the gun to fall to the ground.

"What the heck is wrong with you, Katana?" He hissed at her, to your surprised he knows her.

"Why are you pointing your gun on, Y/n?" She hissed back, "Are you out of your mind."

"You're out of your mind, I'm just asking her about Yukimi." Katana also froze when she heard that name again for the first time.

"Y-yukimi?" She repeated.

"Yeah, my girlfriend.. have you forgot about her already?"

"Akashi, you two broke up years ago. Get yourself back together-"

"Katana!" You cut her off, breaking their argument because you can't stay silent anymore while listening to them.

"Please tell me what is wrong with him." You begged her as you stared crying again.

Katana hesitated, she knows exactly why Sanzu is acting like this. Her gaze went to Sanzu, and return back to you. She doesn't wanna say it, she really don't. But seeing you cry made her feel weak..

"He's.. he's using, drugs."