Chapter Twenty: We Need to Talk About Tetta Kisaki

Waking up I expect a couple of things: Senju walking in on me showering to brush her teeth, Takeomi shouting at us to hurry up, Senju walking in on me changing to borrow some socks and comment on my boobs, Takeomi giving us our lunches and so on. What I never expect is Shikha showing up at our front door looking panicked.

"Shikha, is something wrong? Your school is in the opposite direction of mine." I ask the nervous girl on my doorstep.

"I know...it's just we need to talk. Something happened last night at the Toman meeting." She nervously fiddles with the hem of her sweater.

I step aside to let her in before calling out to Takeomi, "Make a little extra for breakfast, Shikha is here!"

"Aight!" Takeomi shouts from the kitchen. 

I lead her to the living room and ask, "What happened? It has to be important since you came all this way before school." 

"Keisuke left Toman and turned over to Valhalla."

"Are you serious?! What happened?!" I ask in shock.

"Apparently he disapproved of the new captain assigned to the third division. Some ex-Mobius member named Tetta Kisaki got the spot and that's not all...I also heard from Keisuke that Takemitchy struck Kiseki unprovoked."

"Are we talking about the same Takemitchy? Our crybaby Takemitchy?" I ask utterly confused by the story of this chaotic night.

"He said he was certain he saw the two fighting. And obviously Keisuke being Keisuke, decided to punch Takemitchy unprovoked."

"That's the only normal thing you've said so far..." I pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh, "Did he tell you why he turned over to Valhalla?"

"No...he just told me to trust that he was doing the right thing and I do. I can't explain it but I think he is up to something."

"I trust your judgment...I'm going to talk to Mikey and definitely Takemitchy about this later. Let's keep each other posted, ok?" I hold her hand gently in mine.

She finally smiles and says, "I will and thank you for hearing me out."

"You two better hurry up, your breakfast is getting cold." Takeomi calls us over.

"Takeomi, would you mind giving Shikha a ride to school? Her school is too far out for her to make it in time." I ask, knowing my sister is too shy to ask for favors.

"Sure, I don't mind." He says in between bites of omurice.

"You don't have to, I don't want to burden you." She says reflexively.

"It's fine, your school is on the way to work anyways." He comforts her.

"Then...thank you Akashi-kun."

He just smiles and goes to put away his dishes, "Yours and Senju's lunches are on the counter next to the stove. I'm gonna go ahead and drop off Hori-chan." 

"Alright, drive safe and see ya guys later." I say to them before they leave.

Just after they both left, Senju comes running down the stairs. She goes for her breakfast to discover it is cold, "Damn it, why is it so cold!?"

"Maybe if you came down faster it wouldn't be so cold, ya dingus." I scold her.

"Where's Takeomi?" She finally notices her brother's absence.

"He left early to take Shikha to school. She came over to tell me that Baji left Toman and joined Valhalla..."

"You're joking..."

"Nope. Also that crybaby I told you about, he attacked the new third division captain unprovoked."

"Shit, really? Maybe he finally grew a pair." She jokes.

"Nah, he's always had a pair...but this has to be personal for that guy to get fired up. Anyways, we need to head out or else we'll be late." I leave my dishes at the sink and pick up my lunch. "Hurry up or I'm leaving you~" I tease the poor girl.

She quickly scarfs down her cold breakfast and rushes over, "Chieko-chan you witch!" 

🧋🧋🧋🏍🧋🧋🧋

As quickly as the school day seemingly started, it came to an end. As of right now I'm waiting in a cafe for Takemitchy. His reported actions at the meeting last night left me with many questions. Soon enough, his blonde head pops in through the door way; I wave him over and he nervously sits across from me.

"Hey Chi-chan...it's weird for you to call on me like this, so is something wrong?"

"I don't know Takemitchy, you tell me. I've heard that you punched the new third division leader before uttering two words to him."

He avoids my burning analytical gaze and rubs the back of his head, "Oh...you heard about that."

"Yeah, so...why did you do it?"

He rests his chin on the palm of his hand, "It's difficult to explain...I just don't like that guy or guys like him."

"Does he just have a punchable face? I mean normally you don't do anything so impulsive without a good reason."

"Trust me...I have plenty of reasons to hate him. He's trouble...I can sense it."

"Takemitchy, I want you to know that I know there's more to it...however you seem unwilling to share that reason with me, but for now I'm willing to let it go. I trust your judgment on people, so I believe you when you say he's bad news."

"Thanks for understanding Chi-chan...right now I'm trying to get Baji back in Toman in exchange for Mikey getting rid of Kiseki." He explains to me.

"Shikha...Baji's girlfriend visited me this morning. She told me that he said something to her along the lines of him telling her to trust that he's making the right decision."

"What?! That makes no sense...how am I going to get him back on our side?"

"It's that important to you that Kiseki is out of the gang, huh?"

His eyes grow distant with a tinge of despair, "More than you know."

"Ok, I'll help you out."

"What?! You will!?" He look up at me in shock.

"Yeah, I don't mind. You're Mikey's friend and you seem like a good guy."

"Thank you so much. So what do you know about Valhalla?" 

"I know Hanma personally...but as you already know Mikey doesn't want me near him. But he didn't say anything about me hanging out with my sister and her boyfriend." I smirk at the discovery of this loophole.

"Oh damn, you're sneaky. Also don't be scared to blame me, besides I'm the one roping you into this."

"That won't be necessary. For now...to our alliance." I say raising my cup of iced coffee.

Takemitchy meets my cheer with his cup of water, "To our alliance, let's kick Kiseki's ass."