12: first love and heartbreak

AN: This is a flashback chapter. Some Jenrene moments ahead. <3

Jennie's POV

"Reneeeee! Where are you?"

"I'm here Jenjen. What's the wrong?"

"Jisoo is so mean. She doesn't want me to touch her game consoles." I pouted and she just laughed. She dragged me back to Jisoo's bedroom and we saw Jisoo playing with Taehyung so I frowned.

"You guys are so unfair to Jennie." Irene said.

Jisoo went near me and hugged me. "I'm sorry Jendukie, I'm just teasing you. You can play with me anytime." I hugged her back.

"Here Jennie, you can play. I have to go because I promise JK that we'll be playing today." Taehyung said.

Irene Bae. She was a four years older than us. She was our friend. She was my savior.

"Give us your money!" The bully said.

"No! It's mine! Why are you so mean?!" I asked. I was crying because they pushed me on the ground.

"Hey!" A voice said. I know that voice. The bullies widened their eyes.

"It's Bae Joohyun. Come on, we should go." One of them said. Then they ran away.

So I ran to Irene and hugged her while crying. She doesn't say anything and just pat my back.

"You have to fight back Jennie. It's not anytime that someone will save you." She said.

"How? I'm small. I can't fight back. They're so big." I said pouting. She just ruffled my hair.

"It's not about height differences Jenjen, it's about not being afraid." She said and smiled.

I felt my heart beats so fast. Why?

It was highschool when I knew that I have a crush on Irene unnie. I thought I was just admiring her because she acts like a big sister to us three but it's more than that. Every moment that I spend with her, I felt so happy. Every single day passes by, my feelings became deeper. And then one day I woke up, I realized that I am in love with her.

I was so scared to come out to anyone even to my mom and dad because I thought they'll gonna be mad at me. So I just shared it to Jisoo unnie and Taehyung, hoping that they would understand.

"I think I like girls." I said. Jisoo and Taehyung looked at me amusedly.

"Why are you so nervous saying that?" Jisoo said. I looked at her and she smiled.

"We knew Jennie." Taehyung said. I looked at them surprisingly.

"H-how? I—"

They laughed. "It's the gaydar bitch." Jisoo said.

"I like boys." Taehyung said. I looked at him. Holy fuck? Are they also?

"And I like girls." Jisoo said. Then they looked at each other and then looked at me and said, "And you like Irene unnie!"

That's when I knew that the three of us wasn't straight. It's funny how we came out to each other that day. And then we decide to come out to our parents and thankfully they understand and even supported us.

Jisoo and Taehyung said that I should also confess to Irene unnie about how I feel but I can't. I was so scared that she'll stay away from me because I like her romantically. But then one day it just happened.