29: kim jongin

Jennie's POV

I woke up because of the sound of my phone ringing. It's been a week since Lisa came here, comforting me. And my dad's still bugging the shit out of me so we could talk. To be honest, some part of me wished to talk to him but I am scared to know what's the reason why he left us. I don't want to know.

I picked up the phone and answered it.

"Yes, Irene unnie?"

"Jennie, have you seen the news?"

"What news?" I got up from bed and pick up the remote so I could open the tv.

Breaking News: The former COO and husband of Ms. Jane Kim was rescued after his car was accidentally hit by a truck on his way to his former home which is the Kim's Mansion earlier this morning—

"Jen? JENNIE?!" I heard Irene unnie on the other line.

No.

Tell me this isn't happening right now.

Dad. Oh God. Please save my father. I'm begging you right now. Please save him.

"Jen? Fuck Jennie say something!"

"Un.. Unnie?" I suddenly felt like the room is spinning then everything went black. The last voice I heard was Irene unnie calling my name.

-

I felt something soft holding my hand. And then it squeezed my hand gently.

"Jen?" I opened my eyes and saw a worried looking Lisa.

I slightly smiled. "Hi baby" She hugged me and said, "I'm so worried about you! Good thing I just got in time."

"Thank you for saving me, always." I said. And then remembered what happened. "Lili?"

"Hmmm?"

"How..How's dad? Is he okay?" She pulled away and hold my hand. "He's fine now, Nini. Although his right arm would probably have a cast. But all in all, he's okay. He's so worried about you too."

I sighed and looked down. "It's all my fault." If I wasn't this stubborn, he wouldn't be involved in an accident.

She held my chin and caressed my cheek. "Nini, it's not your fault. Hey, there are unexpected things that are inevitably happens, okay? So be glad that your dad is safe."

I smiled. She has a point. I should also talk to my father. "Where is he, Lili?"

"He's in the other room next to yours. Do you want to see him?" She said and I nodded.

-

I saw dad lying on the bed and his right hand have cast just like Lisa predicted. I sighed. And went near him along with Lisa.

He stirred in his sleep and his eyes suddenly opened. He smiled when he recognized me.

"Hi princess" He said softly. That's when I burst into tears.
Lisa just looked at me like she's saying that she'll be outside so I just nodded.

"Jen, hey? Stop crying. I'm not dead, princess." He jokingly said. So I hit his uninjured arm lightly.

I sniffed. "Do you think it's funny?!" I suddenly said. He just smiled. "Okay, calm down. I'm sorry. Take a sit please. We have a lot to talk about."

Lisa's POV

I textes Jisoo unnie and Chaeyoung to inform that Jennie's okay and she's talking to her dad now. I sat outside the room and wait for them to come here. Then I heard footsteps approaching so I looked up and saw a very worried Kim Jongin.