1. The Label Traitor

Music for the Chapter: Kahaan hoon main by Jonita Gandhi from Highway

Only a few people have been able to use maya in such a powerful manner

Only a few people have been able to use maya in such a powerful manner. When I first found out that I could do this, even I didn't know that I would be able to use it this well.

Major of the credit would go to Guru Shukracharya. He's the one who taught me to control it that well.

One side I held lot of respect but on the other side, it had brought me into a deeper trouble. I was going to be called a traitor. Indra is the King of Devansh as well and I had ended up fighting Indra.

"Sometimes we all go through a difficult situation, Alaknanda." Payal walked and sat down next to me.

I could understand how a caged bird would feel. I was stuck with being the palace guarded by the soldiers 24*7. Not even for a moment would they set their eyes off me.

With all this, what ate me up more was that I don't know how to face my father and my maa anymore. The greatest loss I had was that everyone, every devansh, every asura, ever rakshasa, even Virat and Aakram had seen my father standing there but I couldn't see him. Everyone kept saying that he was standing right by the stairs but I couldn't see him.

What I saw was more devastating. Sona. The look on her face. The shock, the disbelief, and the betrayal. What I felt when Nandini betrayed me, a hundred times more I had made Sona feel. Sona, my greatest hero, was betrayed by me.

In the end I was thrown into the mud deeper. I was left in the inner quarters of the family. Where the women stayed. Why? Well, I was given away as a toy for Nandini. Virat had finished his work with me and now set off to tell me that all I am is a toy for Nandini to play with.

"I don't give a shit, Payal. I am not going to play around with Virat."

I tried to walk out when the soldier blocked my way with spears.

"Get this away from me or I will actually kill you with these very weapons," I warned them.

"You cannot leave without permission." They said. I used my maya to control them and make them fight each other.

"Alaknanda, stop this," Payal told me. "Right. Now."

I set them free. "What do you want me to do? Stay in the harem like you?"

The look on her face changed. I regretted it.

"I understand that you are angry, Alaknanda, but you have no right to insult people because you are in a bad mood. What do you think? Only you have problems?"

"I refuse to be a prisoner like this, Payal. Especially not in the same proximity as Nandini. My blood boils. Because of her, I had to betray my sister. She might think that she can become more important to me than Sona but that is just an imaginary dream which is never coming true."