13. The Anchor in the Fear

Music for the Chapter: Ksheera Sagara Shayana by Sikkil Gurucharan

The enormous milk ocean. The beach was dark in color in comparison to the white ocean. There were seven prakaras. Each of the prakara had its own specialty. People had their own residences around the seven prakaras. Gopurams and entrances were present in the four directions. Until they reached the final prakara before the main palace which only had one entrance. 

The large gopuram was carved with all the avatars. The once I could recognize and some I couldn't. There were carvings of Gandharvas, yakshas, cows, apsaras, devis and some devas. I saw carvings the eight forms of Mahalakshmi. The kind of gopuram that neither Sri Rangam nor Venkatachalam had.

The frame of the door in the gopuram had carvings of dashavatara.

"What happened? Come." Kama said with a smile. "This is home."

I chuckled. I touched the frame of the door. I didn't know why the tears fell down.

"Don't cry before Shesha. He will get so emotional that another storm will appear in Ksheera Sagara." He told me.

I got up and followed him. The place couldn't have more beauty. Everywhere, there was greenery. I saw several people. The path was laid in marble and marked with pillars. As we kept walking ahead, I saw a large palace. Actually, it was designed like a large temple. It was almost surrounded by a garden with flowers that I had never seen. Multicolour flowers.

A large dwaja sthambha was present.

The viamana visible in the top was the second highest tower after the Gopuras. It was made out of Gold. Actual gold. Not like a gold paint. It shimmered so brightly with the gold. Standing out from the whole place. Just beautiful in is design. I guess that was the main wing. Around the main wing were several buildings made from granite. They were decorated with gold and silver here and there.

There were several mandapas even around the place. Some had fountains and swings.

Kama chuckled noting my surprised. "That golden wing is the garbha griha. The private wing. That is where maa and pitashree have their room and personal residence. Various mandapas are built for various purposes. Like the ruby mandapa is Darshanamandapa. Anyone who wishes to just come to see pitashree meets him there. Like you people have living rooms where you receive guests, something like that. The silver mandapa is Rangamandapa. Every day, the musicians have music and dance programs for him there. The topaz mandapa is called Bhaktimandapa. All of Vaikuntha's people gather there to perform poojas to her personally once in a week. Pitashree normally stays around each smaller block of the people's residence in a form there so that they can do pooja to him as per their heart's content but once in a week they have nijadarshana where he appears in his full form as moola purusha. Oh, you should see the crowd. Even Brahma, mukkotidevas and Maharishi gather there. The granite mandapa is Dhyanamandapa. It is where both maa and pitashree meditate when they want to have some solitude. No one else goes there. The emerald mandapa is the Dharmamandapa. Pitashree's courts are held there. The mandapa in which the person is received gives people an idea as to why the he/she had arrived here."