Chapter 15: Fathers and Daughters are Special

Music for the Chapter: Kaun Mera by Papon from Special 26

There is no place like home. The moment I stepped inside the Gurukul, I was heavily overwhelmed. Guru Vasistha put his hand on my shoulder assuring me that I was home.

"Adi!!!" Harsh showed up. I ran towards him and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back.

"Adya..." Soon enough I was enveloped into a hug by several people.

"You are such an idiot, Adya. Why didn't you try to take help from any of us? You know I live in Badrinath itself. You could have reached out to me and alerted me." Chirag exclaimed.

"Well... it is long past. What is important is that I'm happy to be back." I answered and hugged him.

"Adya..." Yashasvi hugged and I tightly held her back. She almost burst into tears. "Do you even know how much I was devastated that you went through so much to save someone who wasn't even your responsibility. I made up my mind to return to Patala and get back Kanishk."

Oh, so her brother's name was Kanishk.

"That is rude, Yashasvi. How come your brother isn't my responsibility? You said that you and I were friends. You even fought against your own kind for me. That very day I took the responsibility of everything that was your responsibility. So, your brother is also my brother. Not to mention Payal had been so loving towards me in a place I never had anyone to call my friend." I said.

She chuckled. "You don't even know how much you have done for my family. We were a broken family until you decided to stitch us back together. Your dad had saved my sister and me. You saved my family." She almost cried.

"Yashasvi, stop crying. I did what any true friend would you. You didn't care about how it would affect you if you went against Virat. I too didn't care what I had to do to safeguard someone who was an extended family to me. I know how it feels to be without a mother. I miss my own mother so much. I could understand how much you missed yours. So, I did what I could."

"Alaknanda Vishnusuta Mantri." Everyone moved away to let me see Jiya di. A long stick in her hands.

"Di, listen... let us talk this out like civilized people." I tried to tell her.

"Oh, no. Don't give me that shit. One, you somehow managed to get kidnapped. Two, you end up getting yourself killed. Three, somehow you come back alive. Four, you are completely in a mess with no way out and didn't think of anyone you could reach out to. Do you know how horrible I felt? I was supposed to be responsible for you."

I started running and she chased me around the place.

"Jiya..." Guru Vasishta tried to calm her.

"No, Guruwar, no. Don't try to defend her now. I felt like I failed to save her. I felt like I failed in my responsibility." She exclaimed. I stopped running and offered her my hand.