32. Under The Ocean

Music For the Chapter: Nirvana Shatakam by Adi Shankaracharya

“Let’s go.” Akshay and Omkara started to run ahead. They stopped noting that the three were still at the beach. “What??”

“We don’t know about you but we’re going to die if we run ahead into the water just like that. We don’t have gills, dude.” I pointed out.

“I can try but I don’t know how long I can hold my breath. As of now, I have only mastered it in up to an hour. But the pressure underneath 10 meters, I can’t take it.” Harsh added. Well, Vayuputra did have some cons for him.

“I don’t think it is problem for Alaknanda.” Samudra Deva told us. “About both of you, I will offer you some help.” Samudra Deva handed me and Harsh me two bracelets.

The moment we wore it, it turned into a suit. Rudraksha and Vichitra were in our suits as we held them. Harsh and I followed ahead with Akshay and Omkara. Adi followed us. When we all plunged into the ocean. Naturally, Akshay and Omkara were fast swimmers. Almost fast enough to race with sharks. The suit allowed us to swim fast.

Adi, being the one who associated so expertly with oceans was complete comfort swimming. Small fishes gathered around her. Her hair flowed in the water like she was flying. She got on swimming and managed to catch up with us. A group of dolphins appeared near her. One of them got too friendly with her and bumped her in a mischievous attempt. Harsh and I laughed at that.

Adi too childishly bumped the dolphin back. The dolphin then teased her and showed off her swimming skills. Adi showed off her frog swimming style and the dolphin got super confused. It made me and Harsh me laugh even more. Adi too laughed and then affectionately rubbed it.

The dolphins then left after a while. We kept moving down the ocean. After a while, we could start feeling the pressure of the depth of the ocean. If I didn't have the suit, I would have burst my skull at this pressure.

There was a transporter Yantra at the base. It was made out of sea bed stones. One by one we all entered through the yantra and reached a place.

When we reached there, she froze in her state. Her eyes turned pure white.

"Adi…." I touched her shoulder and was pulled into the state.

I saw Shukracharya. Comparatively young and the disciple of Shiva. Every morning he cleaned the seat of his Guru. Then almost sitting behind a lot of bhuta preta while Baba sat in complete silence. Baba's silence was capable of completely transforming Shukracharya. He wasn't an Acharya yet. He was still Bhargava Ushanas.

In a sudden event, he stood and began to dance in ecstasy. Baba says still, his face breaking into a smile. His eyes opened and he looked at Shukracharya.

The look on Baba's face told me that right from the start, he had known Shukracharya's devotion. Even when Shukracharya didn't know it. Even when it seemed to Shukracharya that his work was insignificant in comparison to what Nandi, Shringi, Bhringi, and Nagas did for him.