3. Plans and Plans

Music for the Chapter: Six Feet Under by Oshins and Leslie Powell

Aham.

A word with just one vowel and two consonants but the depth of the entire creation. The secret of the entire creation is hidden in just these two and a half syllables.

In Sanskrit, it means 'me'. But in a philosophical concept, it pushes the difference of several worlds between what is truth and what is maya.

Twirling around in the same aham, I had spent 18 years. Finally, as I got closer to reaching 19 years of existence, I had realized that there was a large distance to cross from aham to Keshava. That distance to be crossed is everything that the Vedas explain. Not everyone is capable of understanding Vedas or has the opportunity to go under a Guru and learn them so, Maharishi Veda Vyasa gave us Puranas. Those who couldn't even get there were given shastras as a set of rules to follow. All in the hopes of crossing that distance between aham to brahman. Perhaps, the greatest sign of Kaliyuga is that the same vidya which was supposed to take people ahead into brahman had caused them to go farther away.

I was still lucky enough to have gotten there in at least 19 years but realized how many more lives most people I knew in my life would take to get there.

"How is it even possible? It all seems to be such a large coincidence. All the Rishis decided to have a celebration in honor of their daughters, hoping to teach so many people about how beautiful it is to have daughters. Both Devi Uma and Devi Lakshmi arrived for the celebration as Shailaja and Bhargavi. Then conceiving children at the same time. The children are born to Goddess in their manava roopa. The children of Adideva and Devadeva themselves being born in human form, ending up being devansha instead of being born as devakumari." The Rishikas together wondered and asked about the same to Devi Saraswati.

"It would have been impossible for any child to be born without the agreement of Mahadev and Narayana. Unless Uma and Lakshmi themselves wished, it would have been impossible to conceive a child. After all, they are not like regular humans. To move them to a point of desire is impossible without their own agreement. Surely, this couldn't have been the work of Kama. So, if Uma and Lakshmi have children then surely it wasn't against their will."

"This is still a surprise, Devi. It is a thing of wonder. Could it be for a specific reason?"

"That I am sure that this has to do something with Virat and his boon. So, we know enough that Tridev or Tridevi cannot kill Virat. Somehow these two children are related to Virat and his boon. I know Keshav very well. He seems like he does things on a whim but he's far too planned. Keshav is never 'let us see as it goes' Keshav always plans three steps ahead. So, this is not a coincidence that his child has such a surprising planetary position. Keshav had surely planned this quite soon after the conversation he had with my husband Brahma dev. Something that Keshav hasn't told or explained to anyone. Perhaps the only other person who can understand these reasons would be Mahadev. Even if I ask Keshav, he may not answer."