23. Missions

Music for the Chapter:- Freaking Me Out by Ava Max

I was deployed by one of the hells. By the gates of it. The sounds of screams were constant. The watch and day was showing me that five months passed away on earth while in Yamaloka, it was only 13 days. I've been here for 13 days.

I sat by the gate in padmasana and went on chanting the Narasimha mantra.

I was supposed to make sure that no one goes out and no one goes in except Yamadutas. The Naraka recently had a break in so they have issued a statement from Yama Deva or Chitragupta themselves that they were allowed in that part of the Naraka. He has been on extra duty due to this.

I have let my devansha radar on alert so that I recognise the person coming in and out. As my Maya was spreading out sensing any abnormality, I came across a large crack in the invisible walls of Naraka. Like a large hole in the space fabric that covered the whole of Naraka. Due to sharing a part of my strength, Vichitra seemed to have noticed it as well.

"Definitely the work of a brahmarakshasa. As far as I know, there's only one daitya who has the ability to rip up holes in the world wall and create a gateway. Kshunda." Vichitra explained.

"Who is he?"

"He was previously a very famed brahmana. Very skilled at mantra shaastra. But he was corrupted when he mistakenly entered Atala. Lost in the world of pleasures, he began to move towards an Asura path. And slowly became a brahmarakshasa. He still retains his mantra shakti. Virat must have hired him."

A yamaduta showed sinners who were sentenced to that hell. I asked him wait up after leaving the sinner there. He returned and met with me. "The hole in Naraka. Is someone taking care of it?" I asked the yamaduta.

"Yamaraja is on that task. But it seems that the rakshasas keep pulling it down again and again. We have spoken to Indra Deva about it. Though the mantra shakti doing this is quite skilled, they are constantly breaking it." He answered, sighing.

"Would you tell Yamaraja that I would like to speak to him about this? So, I'll take up an appointment to meet him."

"Sure." He went off with that to continue his duty of bringing souls to the sentenced hell.

So, technically some souls have escaped Naraka from that hole. We have several issues to tackle currently. One, we had to gather the stone for the reactor before Virat got them. Two, I had to get Narayanastra and Vishnavastra. Three, we had to deal with this hole and Kshunda. Until we have got all of this, a battle seemed a hard gamble. Virat would still outweigh and defeat us. Even if Devansha all tackled the asuras, Virat would still be unhurt.

I sensed a large group of rakshasas coming my way. Vichitra got alerted.

"You might want to get out of the way. I'll have to deal with this." I stood up and pulled out the scythe strapped on my back. I saw the rakshasas running towards me.