10. This Has To Be Alaknanda

Music for the Chapter: I Love Me by Demi Lovato

I looked at the ghunghroo that Kama gave me. 

I threw away my ghunghroo. It crashed against the wall, the bells broke and made sound clinking with various things.

"I swear on my love for my sister, from this day I will never ever dance again till I the time I see my sister. Let it be a hundred lives or thousand." I told him.

Nani would have struck me but Mahadev stopped her.

"I don't care if it enrages anyone, Mahadev. I am done caring for everyone. I am done trying to explain to people what my sister means to me. All of you just don't care."

I walked away andslammed the door to my room.

I looked at them. I had given up on dancing every again. It reminded me of how Adi and I would practice together. Laughing and helping each other. It reminded me that while I thought she was dead, he already had a doubt whether she was alive or not. Yet, he said nothing. Stayed silent and simply accepted everything I went on saying to him. I wasn't sure if I'll get over it but dancing was now associated with that piece of memory. 

"No one can go ahead in life with holding back ages of baggage," Anna said. 

I chuckled. "This was associated with two people who held the closest place in my life. Baba and Adi. Her death disturbed me so much that I wished for nothing but to have her back. But it has never been the same ever since. So much had happened after that. All that I had done was not Adi's fault nor anyone else's except me. So, I just couldn't ever take it up again. I couldn't find the same taal again."

"No worries. We'll just take that half out. Just a simple drama would work." 

I was dressed in a typical forest-girl fashion. The soft pastel outfit and flowers were used as jewelry. I saw Omkara was ready. He didn't have to really change much considering he was already a prince. 

"For the first time, I see a successor of Surya trying to seem like a Chandravanshi," Angad commented. Omkara rolled his eyes. 

"From what angle do I look like a fool who forgot the woman he fell in love with?" Omkara asked Kama. Kama rolled his eyes. 

"This isn't about you seeming like Dushyant or not. This is about my artwork. Shakuntala and Dushyant were some of my greatest masterpieces. Who gives a damn whether they are Suryavanshi or not?"

"So, decided to take birth as Shakespeare? Because you didn't have enough of messing up people's lives with something this silly?" I asked him. 

"Oh, the beautiful land of life, I refuse to cross the bridge of denial for may the Lords of heavens save me when the bridge breaks and I fall into the river of romance. Lost in the depths of the river, I might never find the surface again. May the Lords save me if I find the drowning much more lovelier than the lands..." He started to mock me by randomly singing a song.