36. The Rat Race To The End

Music For The Chapter: Udd Jaayega from Qala

Searching through the ruins, we finally found a secret door

Searching through the ruins, we finally found a secret door. A huge stone block was used as a gate for an underground chamber. The stone block had a marking of a snake and a yali but it seemed sealed. Harsh and Adi jumped on the block hoping it will open. 

A bright neon green colored fire rose and they instantly jumped away. 

"Who dares to disturb our peace and quiet???" A giant snake and a yali appeared. 

"Sacheya Aindra Akshay." Akshay pushed both of them behind. 

"Ah, the illustrious son of Indra. Veeraan, do you think he will taste good?" The snake asked the Yali.

"I suppose he should. They drink a lot of soma. Soma is heard as a delicious drink." The Yali nodded. 

"Well, I don't think there is worry about you two needing to share because there's another one there. That would be Sandheya Suryaputra Omkara. Please. You may feast on them and we would request wanting to meet Maharishi Markandeya." Adi said with that 1000-volt smile that she practically copied from my Mama. 

Talk about a copycat.

I don't think it is a copycat if she's his daughter. Maybe it is inherited. I suggested to Kalika. 

Pfff... No one can "inherit" that beautiful smile which is my brother's.

Don't you admire your brother too much?

Too much? Can you admire your sister too much?? Of course not. 

I chuckled at her sweetness. Even if she is Bhadrakali, she is still her brother's proud little sister. 

"Vishaa, how do you feel about 2 and a half? Would that be a respectable share for you?" The Yali asked the snake. 

"Ah, most respectable share. Half for you and half for me. I presume dinner is not needed anymore." The snake hissed. 

"Are you by any means associated with the Nagas?" Adi asked.

"I am a Naga, foolish girl." 

"Good then. We can come to a respectable solution in such a case that does not need spilling blood. You would not want to make your King angry because you ate his child. So, maybe offer peace?" 

"Child? You are no Naga girl. How can you be the child of Nagaraja?"

"Depending upon who you address as Nagaraja, that is my sister Gaurisuta Shivanshika Sonakshi and I am Bhargavisuta Vaishnavi Alaknanda." Adi offered. 

The two creatures looked at each other and wondered. 

"Are you really Vishnu's child?" They asked. 

"Umhmm..." She nodded a yes. The two creatures took a few moments to contemplate their decisions. 

"Well, then, we shall be most unfortunate to say that we don't care about your parentage. The only place you can enter is our stomach." The snake answered.