12. Reunion

Music for the Chapter: The Shimmer of Sindhu by AR Rahman

Anna and Kama stopped suddenly as we were following the crowd

Anna and Kama stopped suddenly as we were following the crowd. The two looked at each other in surprise.

"This has to be Alaknanda." Anna commented.

I felt the energy of Kaal Bhairava. The energy was powerful was the ominous feel of death which was enough to say that someone had summoned him.

We then started to follow the direction from where we felt the energy signal. Anna started running fast. Everyone began catching up with him but I was the one left behind. Anna, Kama, Angad, and Omkara, all of them were faster than me. I kept crashing into people.

"I'm so sorry..." I apologized as I kept up.

Stupid inhuman abilities they had. How fair was it to leave me behind like this?

As they kept up ahead, I saw Nandini. The girl was dressed in such exquisite clothing that I would have thought it was her wedding. Gulping down a glass of something she crashed the glass away.

"What were you expecting, Nandini? The girl was never someone you can have. Both of you were completely different. On two very opposite ends. Either you abandon this here and go to her or stay here and abandon her. You can't have both." Another girl commented. The girl was pregnant.

"Why, Di? Why? Why should I have to choose? Why can't I have both?"

"Because, you fool, she will never be happy if you force her. You're talking about Narayana. You're asking her to abandon Narayana. You'd be foolish to believe anyone would ever leave behind Narayana for anything that is limited to one lifetime. Only a fool would choose something that lasts only one lifetime when they have an option to make Narayana theirs." The girl commented.

"You're saying that?"

"Just because we're on the opposing side doesn't mean we can deny the truth, Nandini. If I wasn't bound to the family, I would have left everyone to own Vishnu. She is his own blood and flesh. Why would anyone who has the life of freedom choose a life filled with shackles? The story isn't just Alaknanda, Nandini. The story has always been Vishnu and that soul. Someone who has lived in the light of his love for so many lifetimes and experienced that freedom from everything. Why would someone like that choose anything else in this lifetime? You want to ask the girl who has always lived in the light to be satisfied with the moonlight. You don't expect flowers to survive just on moonlight. At least not most flowers. She has the morning's beautiful sun within her grasp then why would she live in darkness, captured in shackles. If the love which you call beautiful doesn't give you eternal happiness, then it is just a shackle."

What is happening?

"All she had to do was stay. I would have done anything for her. Doesn't matter. I think they will find her and bring her back. Virat has already gone himself to look for her. She couldn't be gone far out of Patala. Virat will find her. Before she reaches Shukracharya, Virat will get to her."