39. The Unexplainable

Music For The Chapter: Govinda Govinda Ani Koluvare by Annamacharya

"The reactor stands destroyed, Vishnu. You're defeated. Bow down and accept my mastery. Without the reactor, the stones cannot be used." Virat showed himself.

"I never invested in a reactor made by my brother-in-law, Virat. Are you so naive to believe I will rely on a machine?" He asked.

The army of asuras ran towards Sutala. The gada appeared in his hands. When it touched the ground, it shook. The force it created threw the whole lot of rakshasas running towards him.

Omkara's arrows pierced through the rakshasas and wrecked havoc in there. Chitra left no stone unturned to destroy them. When I looked at her, I could tell she was my father's daughter in terms of her accuracy with aim and warfare skills.

All of us shot out towards the army. Within the army, I saw Nandini. I felt everything within me constrict.

Was I strong enough to fight her?

'Think of everything she has done, Adi. She killed so many people in Bharuch. People who didn't deserve to die. She had killed so many Devanshas. The rogue Devansha in Patala were also killed by her. She's a Guru drohi. One who betrays their Guru is not worthy of sympathy. She betrayed her own half-brothers. Her friends. Everyone who truly cared for her on Earth. She betrayed them all.'

I shouldn't bother about her at all.

Tejovisha vibrated in confusion. My own confusion was causing a shift in the energy within her.

I closed my eyes.

'Alaknanda, you Dharma dhrohi!!!' my own mind screamed at me. 'When Dharma is asking for you, you are playing coward. Coward!!! That is what you are.'

Pain surged through my chest. It felt like constructing tightly.

You handed over the responsibility of her to me, Alaknanda, didn't you. Do you trust me or trust only yourself?

What is there to question you, baba? Who could I trust anyone more than I can trust you?

My Little River, then why do you struggle for someone whose end is me? None of this is you. You live because I had created this body of yours. You were born because your karma force you to be born again and again. You're tied up with her because you have a karmic debt to her. When has any of these been 'your choice'? When none of these have truly been your choice why do still stand in an illusion that the choice you make will have the exact same consequences as you want?