Epilogue

Music For The Chapter: Pehla Pyaar by Armaan Malik from Kabir Singh.

Destiny can be a cruel taskmaster when it has to be.

I was preparing myself to be the most successful businesswoman and feel that I have accomplished everything in life with that. To fill that vacant space in my life with success which was kept for love.

I believed that money and success could bring you anything.

That's why I say Destiny is cruel taskmaster but it is also the best teacher. Relentless in pursuit of your greatness. It will not rest until you have fulfilled your goal. It will wait ages in ambush to find the right moment and then crash into your life.

Destiny crashed into my life that rakshasa on the private beach at our home in Rishikesh. It had waited for the most opportune moment and then threw me into its whirlpool.

The more you try to defy the direction of its movement, the more you risk getting drowned.

Neither was I aware of my previous karma nor of the aagaami karma I was going to do. All I was aware of was my present.

I didn't sign up for all the adventure, Destiny signed me up for it. It was waiting for me to reach that perfect stage of life to say, "Now, you're ready for the game. Let's begin." And then start my journey.

Karma opened up his cycle for me to see. It revealed its unforgiving nature to me stark naked leaving no doubt in my mind. It had began to take control of bringing balance.

There were short period of the 'ups' and longer period of 'downs'. I had laughed and I had cried. Perhaps cried more. Just knowing the truth of balance wasn't enough, one had to truly experience it.

One last time. One last time let yourself flow through the river of Life. What awaits you at the end of this line is purest form of freedom. You'll return to Narayana. The fullstop is coming closer.

It took a while actually get here. The state where I've grown into the perfect child of Vishnu. To be honest, 11 years of tapasya. But I'm here. I'm finally learning the truth of Ananda. Growing more confident and wiser.

When I have arrived out of the cave, having finally completely embodied the part of Narayana and Bhargavi, I was born with, my eyes first met with Akshay.

A sheepish smile reached my lips.

"Would you still stay there for me even if it takes more than 3 years?" I asked Akshay.

He chuckled, "I've stayed for 200 lives now, Alaknanda. What is 10 more? When you come out, I'll be the first one you'll see. Neither am I in a hurry nor are you."

To be honest, I had abandoned any sort of hope. In the first few days, I felt anxious about him waiting for me but then I didn't remember exactly when I let go of the thought of Akshay and only focused about Narayana.