41. The End Of The Story Is Beginning Of A New One

Music For the Chapter: Phir Aur Kya Chahiye by Arijit Singh from Zara Hatke Zara Bachke

"So, you're not going to be around, are you?" I asked looking at ground.

"Yes. I spoke with father and I'll so leave for tapasya. I thought I should tell you so, here I am." Omkara explained.

I didn't know if I should say it. He was leaving for tapasya. I didn't want disturb him. I had own saadhana was going but it didn't have much restrictions about tapasya. Tantra saadhana for Kalika wasn't the same as that of Vishnu saadhana.

That was the last conversation she had 10 years ago before he disappeared into Himalayas.

They would be the oddest couple. Almost unheard of. My Kalika Saadhana and his Vishnu saadhana was two opposite ends. I was perhaps silly in thinking that both of us being together would be the right thing.

But Omkara left soon enough and I had never missed him more before. He made me feel like I was home. Sun's warmth over the earth felt like home. That's how Omkara felt to me. Home.

10 years had gone away in a blink. I was at Gurukul. Adi was with Shukracharya.

Within the 10 years, I had at least trekked the Himalayas that were in India's region. Every time I saw the caves, I almost hoped that I'd find Omkara but was always met with emptiness.

"Hmmm... I am beginning to feel that all your trips here are for some other motive instead of meeting us." Nani Maina huffed.

I chuckled, "Nani, why do you think so?"

"Even if it, what's wrong with it? At least with that excuse, we get to see our granddaughter, Maina. Let's not complain. Lest she stops coming altogether." Nana Himavan argued back.

"That isn't happening. She knows her sun is somewhere around here. So she makes too many frequent trips." Nani Maina pointed out.

I sighed. "I don't know. I feel like I should stop looking. Either I'll end up disturbing him or I'll be empty handed." I answered.

"You're almost like Parvati running from mountain to mountain looking for Shiva. That silly girl wanted to go away and do tapasya at the age of 6 to Shiva as her husband." Nani Maina gave a look.

"But even 12 years didn't prepare you for how baba looks, Nani." I laughed. Nana Himavan also laughed at that.

Nani Maina rolled her eyes, "You two make fun of me as much as you want but I was just being caring as a mother. He could have come as a proper groom first thing itself and tell us the issue."

"Really? You would've solved the issue in what way?" I asked.

"Narayana Narayana..." The chant cut off the teasing routine.

"Narada Muni." I bowed to him with respect. Nana Himavan and Nani Maina welcomed him.

"I came here for one special thing."