Chapter 1: First Contact

"I'll accept your offer, brother," Loki spoke confidently and nonchalantly to his older brother like it wasn't a huge deal the God of Mischief was joining the Avengers. Thor stood there in shock, he knew his brother wasn't really causing trouble anymore, he even helped out on a mission not too long ago but he never expected that he'd actually accept his offer to officially join the team. Honestly, neither did the God of Mischief, not too long ago the idea of working and living with mortal superheroes to protect Midgard would have been the last thing he'd ever do, but that was before you. A little mortal named Gracie Andersen, the God looked down at the bracelet and recalled how it happened.

Loki was stuck in New York City, he was on the move after a run-in with another wannabe supervillain who apparently wanted to team up, but in reality, it ended up a trick, at the God of Mischief's expense. Loki wasn't planning to involve himself with this low life but he wasn't about to leave a Powerful Rune Tablet in the hands of some mortal. Unfortunately, the Tablet itself was cursed, as so many of them are and Loki discovered he would be without his powers and magic for the next 24 hours. He only had several hours left to go and he managed to find a place to hide temporarily in Central Park but with the wound he had, he wasn't sure how long he'd last. 

"Fuck" he murmured to himself, putting his hand on his wound, feeling the blood leaking through his leather armour, knowing he didn't have long, only hoping he'd get his powers back in time. He could have gone to see his brother, they were on better terms now but he would not let any of those annoying Avengers see him like this, he really would rather die than let that happen. Even if he wanted to go to the Avengers Tower he didn't have the strength to stand, feeling rather sleepy, but what kept him awake was the sharp pain in his abdomen. Sleep would no doubt overtake him at some point, but he knew from previous injuries, even without his powers he still had a little more time. 

It wasn't too long after he heard an audible gasp and someone rushing over to where he was. "Just my luck," Loki thought, "a stupid mortal found me, what am I going to... do," his thoughts were interrupted as the human in question came into view. It was a girl, just a girl, well probably a young woman seeing as she clearly wasn't a child but she didn't appear that old either. Loki couldn't take his eyes off of her, there was something different about this girl, and it wasn't just her hair and outfit that made him think that. 

She had her hair up in space buns with loose tendrils hanging down around her face, it was messy but in a sweet way. She had cute little freckles dotting her nose and cheeks, with long eyelashes and big doe eyes that sparkled like stardust. She appeared a little flushed and her lips looked a little chapped but they were nicely shaped, and a lovely shade of dusty rose at that. As for her outfit, she had on a pair of brown boots, with light grey blue knee-high socks sticking out from underneath them but you could hardly see them. She had on a short skater dress, it was the same blue as the socks but was covered in little rainbows and different coloured hearts. Under her little dress was a pair of short leggings but they were dark pink. Her jacket was a light sunshine yellow, it had a large hood and was a bit longer than her dress. She had on a large backpack with a pair of headphones around her neck, and a lanyard also hanging down with her keys, ID, a little flashlight, and a rape whistle.

The girl looked at Loki, he could see the concern on her face, seemingly shocked by all the blood but she also didn't hesitate as she came closer. She knelt down beside the God of Mischief and quickly took off her backpack, pulling out a smaller bag labelled "First Aid Kit". Loki was surprised, the girl wasn't afraid of him, not at all, there was a chance she didn't know who he was but that was unlikely seeing as Loki wasn't dressed like your average human. He was wearing one of his usual looks; fine Asgardian leather, with gold detailing here and there, it was mainly green, with black trousers, black fingerless gloves and a bit of white fur on the collar of his jacket. The jacket itself was quite long, going past his knees and although it along with his entire outfit usually looked amazing, seeing as he was injured and bleeding out, he was looking a little more dishevelled than usual. He had even removed his gold-horned headpiece, having it and his sceptre next to him on the ground within arms reach in case he needed to move again or to defend himself. His hair was all messy and with his five o'clock shadow he looked like a wreck, hot of course, but still a mess, he could definitely go for a glass of wine and a bath right now.