Chapter 30: Reunited

Loki would not give up, he didn't care if it was irrational, the God of Mischief needed to get to you now, he needed to protect you and make sure you were alright. He needed to hold you in his arms again, not that he'd admit that part to anyone, but it was clear to all the others just how much you meant to Loki, so in the end, he didn't have to say anything as they understood exactly how the God of Mischief felt about you. So while Thor and the others tried to calm Loki down, Black Widow took the opportunity to contact Shield and update them on their situation, she had been doing so all evening. She didn't have much to say, well, not good news anyway, as your current status and Cody's status was still unknown but Natasha did inform Director Fury that you led Mr.Reich away, to most likely prevent further casualties, but again that was only a theory. Not that she or any other Avenger had to worry about it for long as they soon noticed a bright light at the edge of the woods, how it called Loki's name and zoomed forward in their direction, well more accurately, in the God of Mischief's direction. 

After reuniting with Pharaoh, you walked the several steps required to reach the clearing again with him and you froze up at the sight of a certain Asgardian. Pharaoh inquired if anything was the matter, but you shook your head, saying you were fine, explaining that the man with long dark hair holding the fancy stick was your mate and you hadn't seen him in a while. "I missed him so much," you whimpered, trying to hold back your tears as you smiled, growing brighter and brighter, so much so that the Avengers couldn't ignore your light. "I'll meet you over there," you smiled at Pharaoh before launching yourself towards your sweet, wonderful, and super-extra charming Prince of Asgard, calling his name as you drew close. The other Avengers got out of your way while you proceeded to tackle Loki to the ground, sliding more than a few meters in the snow together, although the God of Mischief didn't mind, it really didn't hurt, but besides that, even if it did it wouldn't matter, as you were in his arms again and he didn't plan on ever letting go.  

"Baby... I missed you..." you whined, trying to hold back your tears as you proceeded to gently kick your legs from being so overwhelmed, wrapping Loki so tight with your arms he could actually feel it. You wouldn't let him up, not that Loki minded that much, he just didn't like laying down in the snow, it wasn't exactly very princely, but he would happily lay down in the snow, make snow angels, build a snowman, or go sledding if it was something you wanted to do. Eventually though, you let go and sat up, remaining in Loki's lap as you had something important to say, not wanting to wait another second longer than you had to. 

So you took a deep breath and closed your eyes, clearing your mind and steadying your nerves, as you were really anxious about what you were going to admit but adamant about doing so. You took another deep breath and opened your eyes, you gazed deep into Loki's as you began to speak, "Loki, do you remember the last time we were together, I had something to tell you but I said it wasn't important so it could wait". Loki nodded his head but before he could verbally respond you interrupted, "well I lied, this was very important, I just didn't have the guts to say it, and I feel like an idiot for putting it off for so long, cause I've felt this way for a very long time... at least by Human standards it felt like a long time". You paused, taking another deep breath before continuing, "the truth is... I love you, like for real and I know I've said it before but we were friends then, that love was the love you have for your friends but now, actually for a while now, wait I said that already..." you let out an angry huff before practically yelling, "I'm in love with you Loki, I'm yours, heart, body, and soul". 

Loki was overwhelmed, his face had turned bright red from your confession, and for once the God of Mischief was at a loss for words, to the surprise of everyone, especially Thor. "That's it, that's all I had to say," you blurted out, making sure Loki knew you were finished speaking, before getting all tense and agitated waiting for your boyfriend to respond. "Well don't leave her hanging brother," Thor cheered, giving you both a big smile as you turned to face the Thunderer, as it occurred to you that you confessed your feelings in front of the Avengers. You felt like you were going to explode as your face turned even more red than Loki's and you found yourself loudly apologizing before admitting that you forgot they were there. You then apologized to the Avengers next, as it was certainly rude to forget someone's presence, but they understood, finding the current situation rather entertaining, not that they said as much, as it would probably only embarrass you further. You relaxed a bit, letting out a sigh as you turned back to Loki, in full-on puppy mode hoping the God of Mischief would forgive you for "outing" their relationship.