Chapter 17: Stupid Sexy Jerk

"Woah," you whisper as you walked through the doors of your house, still processing as so much was happening today, it was crazy and the day was barely halfway over. You still had to study for your upcoming exams, practice your lines, vocals, and dance moves for the Musical and you still had your evening training at Shield later, and tomorrow, and on Sunday your very first patrol, it was going to be a very long weekend. You were heading out right after rehearsals when you got an alert on your phone and by the sound alone you knew it was an Emergency Avengers News Update. You got an app that would let you know about anything Avengers-related and today there was a big fight happening, with the notification advising citizens to avoid certain areas of the city so they could remain safe. 

So with Loki busy, you had to walk home by yourself, which was awful as it meant you couldn't tell him what crazy things were happening nor could you make sure he was okay. You went upstairs to tell Lily about everything, but she was napping, so you just let her rest as you knew she had been a little tired lately, as you knew she wasn't getting enough sleep. You closed the curtains, making sure it was nice and dark for her, double-checking to make sure her radiator and heat lamps were set to the right temperature before quietly leaving the room. You walked out and over to your bedroom, making sure you had everything ready for training and together before sitting down on your bed, pulling out your laptop so you could get your homework done and out of the way. You didn't always like doing assignments but it became routine to get it done right away, if you put it off you had difficulty actually focusing and getting it finished. 

It didn't take you too long and soon you were done, quickly putting it away so you could relax until you had to go to training, deciding just to quietly listen to some music for a bit. You opened your Sleepy Sounds app, putting on your custom mix before laying down, cuddling with your Loki plush, and closing your eyes to decompress for a bit, soon falling asleep. You woke up about an hour or so later to find a certain Asgardian sitting at the end of your bed, leaning up against the wall reading a book, and you immediately perk up, crawling over to give him a hug. "Baby" you cheer, telling Loki that you missed him and that you were worried about his safety, after getting the Avengers alert today, before asking if he was okay. "Hello, beautiful" Loki greeted you warmly but before he could say that he was fine or anything else you let out a gasp, noticing a small cut on the far side of his face and you got mad. You seized Loki's cheeks giving him a pout as you lit up, healing his wound instantly, telling him if he was hurt he should have just woken you up, as he was much more important than sleep. 

Loki let out a hardy little laugh giving you a warm smile while you continued to pout and glare at him, as he told you that a small cut was nothing, he didn't even feel it or know it was there until you brought it up. You looked at Loki skeptically, certain your boyfriend would have felt the cut, yes it was small but you knew the God of Mischief wasn't immune to pain. You rubbed his face gently in the spot where the cut was, staring at it as your expression changed into one of clear concern, telling him it was not nothing. "There's no need to worry for me, darling, I am a God after all", Loki whispered while petting your head softly, but you told him you couldn't help it, you would automatically get worried anytime he was out there fighting. "It's probably weird to ask, cause I'm certain you already are but... would you promise me that you'll be careful, it would make me feel better", you say looking away, feeling weird about asking such a silly thing. The God of Mischief smiled, while slowly raising his hand to place it on the side of your face, bringing your gaze back to him and you smile, before moving closer, "I promise," Loki said before giving you a kiss. 

"So besides the crazy fight, how was your day?" you ask, super excited to hear what he had to say but even more so, about the news you had to share, knowing he'd ask how your day was afterwards. Loki could tell by the look on your face that you had something to tell him and says as much, insisting you go first, but you told him no, you asked first so he had to answer before you. "I can't, you know I'll get too excited and I won't be able to stop and I'll probably forget to ask you about your day again, I want to be a good girlfriend who makes sure she asks how her boo is doing," you said while having a hard time keeping still in Loki's arms. The God of Mischief appreciated the sentiment, though he still urged you to tell him what your news was, but again you said no, and told him you wouldn't say another word until he told you how his day was. "Oh really?" Loki asked, "you won't say a thing?", and you nodded your head, before looking him deep in his eyes waiting for his answer, gesturing with your hands for him to talk.