Chapter 40: Vampire Saga - Vibranium

You awoke to the sound of soft whining and the feeling of wolf licks and kisses pressed to your arm as you sat up in a particularly odd mood as you ultimately came to. It was quite a weird state to find yourself in as you felt like you were entirely aware of everything but at the same time, you found your mind absolutely blank and cloudy. There was a creepy coldness to it and you had no idea where these feelings were coming from, you slept well and didn't have any strange dreams, at least that you could recall so you were a bit alarmed. You tried to shake it off as you got dressed, distracting yourself by asking Pharaoh what he wanted to do after you had breakfast, as you would have a little bit of time before having to deal with Vampire business. Your cute furry boy wanted to go outside and play in the water and possibly chase the sky chickens with you telling him, "yeah bud, we can for sure do that, it sounds like a lot of fun, maybe even Mr.Marko will join us this time". As you left to go eat and have some fun with your wolf, however, you still couldn't shake the weird feeling in the back of your mind and you began to wonder if it was a bad omen or something. 

After having Pharaoh chase you around for a time those weird feelings from earlier began to disappear like a distant memory and soon you were yourself again. You were cheerful once again as you headed back inside, soon meeting up with Blade as you wanted to ask him about a feeding schedule, feeling rather weird about it as it was newborn babies that were usually the ones on a timetable like this. Before you could even open your mouth Blade knew what you were going to ask, pulling you aside and informing you that usually, he only needed to feed every few days, a week at the latest, although he technically could and had gone two months without food. You listened carefully, suggesting that they set up a schedule, pulling up the one you had on your phone and adding "Training w/Blade" to it every other second day. You inquired what time would be best, as with the world around you falling apart you felt a strong need to plan out what you could to feel some sense of control. Your conversation was interrupted by Jack who came over to hang out with Pharaoh, asking you what was up while greeting your wolf but you weren't sure what to say. 

But of course, Blade was quick with the response, informing Jack that he would be helping you train to better fight vampires as you were the only human here who couldn't be turned. Mr.Russell then brought up the possibility of you joining the Howling Commandos, seeing as with your powers and Blade taking a liking to you, as he rarely took a liking to anyone, he thought it was a good idea. Besides that, there was nothing but guys on the team, perhaps adding a lady and her wolf would improve things, they would make missions more bearable. You were stunned into silence by his request, you hadn't even considered it as a possibility despite how amazing you thought the Howling Commandos were. You were literally frozen on the spot, processing everything before snapping out of it when Blade asked your thoughts on the matter and you quickly apologized for zoning out on them. "I'm very flattered by the offer but I'm not sure, I do like all of you, but if we were fighting other supernatural beings that weren't vampires, I doubt I could keep up", you spoke nervously. 

You then excused yourself, feeling rather embarrassed for some reason, announcing rather abruptly that you were going to the lab now, as you had business with the Iron Spider. You went pretty much every day to the lab to chat with Amadeus about this and that, mainly just you wanting to check in on the youngest member of the team, you'd also check on Miles as he wasn't much older. Today was a little different though, as you had a few more ideas on how to improve your gauntlets and other things involving your equipment, you had worked up a few sketches and did the math to occupy your time. You wanted to run what you came up with by him as although your calculations looked alright you wanted another opinion as this technically wasn't your area of expertise. Amadeus wasn't just the smartest person you knew, he was also one of the smartest people on the planet and that was no exaggeration, the kid really did have an I.Q. that was off the charts. So leaving Pharaoh with Jack, your idea notebook in hand and snacks in tow you headed for the lab hoping what you came up with wasn't terrible and that Amadeus liked what you brought him.