Chapter 34: Thank You Gift

You found yourself beginning to stir, hearing that song the Elf Lady sang before faded from your mind as you opened your eyes and sat up, forgetting for a moment where you were. You had no idea what time it was, you hoped you didn't sleep too long but knowing you, the nap you took could have been hours, hell, you wouldn't be surprised to find that you had been asleep all day and night and now it was the next morning. But you weren't, it had only been a few hours luckily, nevertheless you were still kind of embarrassed, especially with how quickly the Elf Ladies returned to see you, immediately asking how you were doing. It definitely overwhelmed you and you pulled away, telling them you needed a few minutes to yourself to process and clear your head but promised you'd be up after that. The second they were gone you flopped back down onto the bed, letting out a long annoyed sounding sigh, turning over onto your side, calming your mind and rationalizing your way through their behaviour and actions. 

You snapped back to reality, unsure of how long you were thinking, mentally chiding yourself for letting your mind drift like that, you didn't have time right now, as at this moment you had to get up and deal with more people. You take a deep breath and get up, walking out and over into the main space, seeing a familiar shadow through the drapes but before you could go over and see him the Elf Ladies got to you first. They dressed you again and like before, when they stripped you and put you in pyjamas, you were just as resistant to the whole thing but the Elves only found it adorable, putting you in the same dress as before, while putting your hair back up in a similar fashion. They then left you by yourself, but only after showering you with more compliments and you awkwardly endured it, merely smiling and thanking them while returning the sweet little comments. You watched as they left, making sure they were a decent distance down the hall before slowly making your way over to where Loki was sitting, completely aware of how much trouble you were in. 

You peeked your head out from behind the drapes as they were still closed finding the God of Mischief sitting on the lounge calmly reading a novel, taking a sip of tea before addressing you. Loki asked if the maids had left without tearing his gaze up from his book, simply turning the page as he continued to face away from you while you mumbled out an apology. The couch itself was facing the Gardens so you weren't even in Loki's line of sight at the moment but he still didn't make any attempt to look at you or anything and you were pretty sure you knew why. All of the anxiety you were feeling before you laid down to rest came rushing back to mind and you started to panic, as your worries began to build, and eventually, you cracked. Floating yourself up and over the lounge, you dropped down onto Loki's lap before immediately bursting into tears and wrapping your arms around him, repeatedly apologizing, only managing to say "I'm sorry".  

Loki had a feeling that you might be overwhelmed by everything, so he thought it would be best to let you come to him, giving you the space you required for those stressful moments. But to be completely honest, he did not expect this, and he wasn't sure why you were apologizing, becoming increasingly more worried that something else might have happened. For the moment though, Loki knew he had to calm you down, as he couldn't get any answers while you were like this, so the God of Mischief pulled you closer, tracing lines down your back, the way you liked. Although it took a few minutes, you did eventually calm down, looking back up at Loki with your tear-stained face apologizing again, saying how you hoped your actions didn't get him in any more trouble before pressing your face against his shoulders and chest. You just focused on your breathing as it was still a bit off from you crying so hard, while Loki pondered what you meant and although he was near certain he knew what you were referring to, he asked you to clarify anyway, knowing that you'd want to explain yourself. 

You didn't let go when you started talking, in fact, you might have gripped Loki a little harder, squinting your eyes closed at one point, and even shaking a little bit, you couldn't hide how nervous you were at all, not that your boyfriend minded, he loved holding you close and comforting you. "I assume Captain Arel informed you of what happened?" you began, feeling weird at the mention of his name, but you weren't sure why, perhaps because he carried you all bridal style. Loki confirmed that he was informed of what happened and you then asked if he heard what the Lady Elves called you, and in response the God of Mischief purred "oh what do you mean my little princess". You grew even more tense but surprisingly happy at his words, which was weird as you didn't find it appealing when the Elves referred to you as little princess, only Loki. "I didn't do it on purpose it just kind of slipped out but I might have told them that we're soulmates... I'm sorry," you whisper before muttering about how embarrassing it was, even letting out a little groan as you thought about it but Loki only let out a breathy laugh.