Chapter 42: Vampire Saga - Crossing The Line

You practically clung onto Peter as you headed back to the Triskelion with him, you were so happy to see him you had a hard time letting go, just doing your best to stay calm. But the second he asked you about your new look and gear you exploded, telling him about everything, all the cool people you met including the frickin' Prince of Atlantis and the super nice hairdresser lady who showed you how to braid your hair like this, she even showed you how to take care of your braids. You even gushed about meeting and working with the Howling Commandos who happened to be sitting next to you, kind of scared by how cheerful you currently were after facing such a terrible foe. You got fed upon by a small horde of vampires and then absolutely destroyed by Vampirized Thor, getting tossed into a building that collapsed on top of you, nearly dying in the process, how were you okay? This was a complete departure from how you normally acted with them or anyone really, but you explained that you couldn't help but be happy as you got one of your friends back, one you wouldn't have to fight or kill, so everything was wonderful. "Don't worry, I'm sure it will come back up in therapy," you cheered, before giggling and humming the rest of the way back, truly, you were more frightening than any monster they had faced before.  

You soon arrived back and everyone was waiting by the entrance to yell at you and give you a hard time about leaving on your own in the middle of the night but you were still too happy to care. "WE... FOUND... SPIDER-MAN!!!" you kept cheering while practically dancing around from excitement, muttering to yourself about all the things you could do together, next asking yourself how he could have possibly survived this long all by himself, repeating your question again but louder to get Peter's attention. You stared up at him all starry-eyed and despite not being able to see it through your mask, the Wall-Crawler could definitely feel it and knew he had to explain himself. As it turns out, Peter suffered a head injury on V-Day but still continued to fight onward, checking in on his Aunt to make sure she was okay the second he was done fighting. But unfortunately, because of his injuries, he had slipped into a coma but luckily he made it back to his Aunt's place before losing consciousness and had only awoken a couple of days ago. "Today vampires attacked and they got Aunt May, I couldn't save her, I tried to escape but there were too many, if not for you guys, I would have been a goner", Peter said and you nearly broke down into tears, quickly wrapping your arms around Spiderman, healing him up with a bit of the energy you had recovered.  

You didn't question Peter's story at all but Blade was a little bit skeptical, as Dracula did sometimes use mortals for this and that, the King of Vampires could pretty much control anyone as long as he could look them in the eyes. The Dhampir gave Natasha the "look" and she understood, both leaving to discuss things further while you took Spidey to the lab, certain that was where Amadeus was and possibly Miles, completely forgetting about a certain creepy Scientist. "Oh Iron Spider," you sweetly called out as you entered the lab, "I brought a new lab partner for you", you continued to practically sing your words as you floated on cloud nine, being able to reunite Spidey with other members of his Spider Crew or whatever they called their team of Spider Heroes. Amadeus dropped the beaker he was holding, in complete shock that Peter was back and Miles who was also in the Lab, also freaked out, both young teens so happy to see their friend. While the Spider Bros caught up and all that you peered over at Dr.Morbius' workspace and it occurred to you to ask where tall, dark, and creepy went, not wanting to get jump-scared anytime soon.  

"Oh yeah, Dr.Morbius went out to find a few things, I mean the guy is the "Living Vampire" or whatever, he is the only one who can go out without drawing any attention besides Blade," Miles said and unlike what you thought, Peter barely reacted. It was strange but you went with it, but alarm bells were starting to go off and before you realized you said anything you asked Spidey if he wanted you to get a room together for him. All the students used to stay in one massive room but since everyone would be spending a lot more time together, more or less all stuck inside, it was decided to set up a room for each person so everyone wouldn't go crazy. "It won't be anything super fancy but... the beds here are surprisingly comfy, way more than I'd thought they'd be anyway, of course, you already seeing as you've been staying here a while," you said with a smile, not that any of them could see it with your mask still on. "No, I'm good for right now, I'd rather talk shop with the guys, figure out a plan for putting an end to Dracula," Peter said, brushing you off and you simply respond with saying you'd get a room ready for him now so by the time he headed off to bed it would be all ready for him. You felt rather off about the whole thing, you didn't know why but going against what part of your brain was yelling from the back row, you left to get a room ready for Peter, leaving him alone with Miles and Amadeus.