Chapter 13: Christmas Eve

The next few days came and went quite fast, and soon it was Christmas Eve with Loki planning a special skating trip for the two of you and you were so excited. When Loki first told you he'd be taking you skating on Christmas Eve you were a little nervous, to say the least, as rinks were often crowded but the God of Mischief assured you they would be the only two people around. This made you really happy, you started planning right away, spending a very long time on the prep alone, making sure everything was perfect for your day-out. You had a long winter coat that nearly covered the tops of your knee-high boots, a large backpack loaded up with your skates, food and a bunch of other things you thought you'd need. You could hardly sleep the night before and despite that, you still got up early to get ready, making tea and baking fresh treats for when Loki arrived, as he was picking you up at about 10 am. The man barely had any time to say hi before you handed him a cup of his favourite tea and a freshly baked cinnamon bun, giving him a quick hug and hello before running off to get your things together and throw on your jacket and boots, taking a little longer than Loki thought you would, seeing as you were so excited.

Loki quickly teleported you somewhere and you weren't exactly sure where on Earth you were, Europe perhaps, based on the trees and mountains, you weren't too good at geography though, but it didn't matter really, you were too distracted by how wonderful everything looked. The ground and all of the trees were covered in a thick layer of freshly fallen snow, you could see that the mountains were also covered, and the large lake that was nearby was so smooth it looked like a perfect glass reflection. You gazed off at the amazing scenery all around you, a tad surprised to find a nice fancy-looking cabin with a cute porch behind you, as you definitely should have noticed it sooner. You turned back to Loki, telling him it was all so lovely, thanking him for bringing you here as you were certain it was the most beautiful place you had ever seen.

Loki agreed with you while staring out over the frozen lake before turning back, pulling out a key while he gestured over to the cabin, saying that he might have "borrowed" the keys to this place from Stark, it was one of his many vacation spots. You let out a gasp, "you're so naughty", you laugh while walking over to the cabin with Loki, who quickly unlocked the door, heading in to find the lights already on and the whole house already warm. Unbeknownst to you, Loki did actually get permission from Tony and the God of Mischief came by earlier, using a simple spell to clear the snow off the solar panels so by the time you got there it would have enough power for the lights and heat. You walk in to find a closet to your left and a couple of large comfy-looking sofas to your right, in a sunken-down lounge area with a gorgeous fireplace. There was another closet a few meters away but directly in front of you, next to it also on the right was an L-shaped gourmet kitchen with all the necessities including an island and a bar, not that you'd be drinking anything. There was a door to your left, next to the closet and you assumed it was a bathroom or something but when you opened the door it was a large bedroom, with ginormous windows that looked over the lake, mountains, and forest. The bedroom also had two more doors inside, one leading into a nice bathroom with a soaker tub and the other into a decently sized walk-in closet.

"Are we staying the night?" you ask a little confused, saying you didn't pack pyjamas or a toothbrush, "oh wait, of course, a cabin in the middle of the woods would have a bedroom, I'm sorry that was a dumb question, you would have told me if we were having a sleepover". You laugh at how silly you were as you take off your backpack, pulling out the drinks and food you brought, happy you had somewhere to put them while you skated, as you were a little nervous about leaving your stuff just outside in the wilderness. While you were unpacking, deciding whether to put some stuff in the fridge, on the counter, or in a cupboard, asking Loki where you should put everything, as it wasn't your place, you were nervous about putting stuff places or the possibility of making a mess. Loki didn't answer, you turned back to see him lost in thought or something, so you just put everything away neatly while trying to take up as little space as possible. You then walked back over to him, regaining Loki's attention, asking if he was okay and if he was ready to go and skate or if he wanted to eat or drink something else beforehand. Loki snapped out of it and declined, telling you to just grab what you needed to skate and he'd meet you outside before immediately leaving, which confused you a little bit.