Chapter 39: Vampire Saga - Blood Bag

A week had passed since the arrival of the Black Panther, the Winter Soldier, and Dr.Morbius and things had definitely been strange, at least more than usual. The Living Vampire spent most of his time in the lab which wasn't really weird, considering he was a scientist and all, but what was strange was how well he got on with Amadeus. I guess, seeing as both of them had I.Q.s that were off the charts it was nice for them to be able to speak to someone who really understood, someone with whom you could endlessly discuss your ideas. Not that you trusted the guy for a single second, so you often checked in on them, making sure Dr.Morbius wasn't doing anything shady, as although the Iron Spider was brilliant, he was also a kid, one you felt a strong need to look after. But with you being you, more often than not you forgot that you were supposed to be mad at him and just spoke to him normally, like a total Space Cadet.

Speaking of Space Cadets, you got distracted with thinking while you were supposed to be training with the Black Widow, snapping out of it at the last possible moment, barely dodging her attack. The Spy could tell something was bothering you as usually, you would have such an intense focus while training, it was almost scary at times, how driven and single-minded you could become while focused on a task. Seeing as Natasha didn't want you getting too overwhelmed, to the point where you could possibly destroy the Triskelion or the Force-Shield she decided to ask you to tell her what was up. It did sound like more of an order to you but still, you weren't sure about it, as you still weren't used to opening up about this sort of stuff, sure you were more than happy to talk about whatever random thought was on your mind at any moment but this was different. "It's a lot, Miss Natasha, I don't know if I can really talk about it without losing it", you say, feeling certain she would be aware of what happened with Iron Man and the Tech Sphere.

Natasha told you that would be fine, joking that they had all day as her trip to the Bahamas had been cancelled and it made you smile so you decided to head back to your room to talk about it. "I guess for starters, I'm still hung up about my mom... I was missing for a whole month and she didn't even notice, how could she have not noticed, I'm her kid, she's supposed to love me, and care about me but... I don't think she does and it hurts", you say, all curled up on your bed, holding your Loki Squishmallow plush for comfort. As a way to help with all of your stress, you ended up going back to the apartment to grab a few things, like your laptop, some craft stuff, and a few stuffies. It was nothing compared to the real thing, to the actual Loki tracing lines down your back and whispering everything was going to be alright or telling you random facts, stories of Asgard and the other Realms, or expressing his affection for you with sweet nothings but you could pretend. You ended up gripping the plush tighter as you continued to talk about what you were feeling, it wasn't just your mother, Cody's memory was still haunting you as well. 

You ended up talking for quite a while and you even ended up letting it slip about what Namor did, the whole kissing your hand, or well, fingers anyway and how you weren't sure about it. When you received physical contact you weren't expecting, it almost always made you uncomfortable and you weren't 100% sure if that is why it felt so off, I mean multiple royal types have kissed your hand before, and it seemed like a common gesture with ladies and gentlemen of Noble and Royal Society. But, there almost seemed more to it than that, it could have been you reading the situation wrong, it's certainly happened before but it still felt weird to you, so in the end, you asked for Natasha's advice as she seemed better at that sort of stuff. Natasha was a spy after all, she would have to be really good at reading people and situations in order to adapt and stay on mission, a very useful skill indeed, one you'd probably never master. But that was okay, everyone had their own strengths and weaknesses, and although you sometimes wished to just be different, you had come to accept yourself, at least, for the most part.  

It felt like a weight was lifted from your shoulders after speaking with Natasha for so long, it felt so reassuring when she told you that it didn't matter, whatever his intentions were, if it made you uncomfortable, it's not your fault, it's just how you and that was something you couldn't always control. Natasha then said you should speak up and explain yourself, they won't know how you feel unless you do so and if they care about you even a little they'll most likely stop. Her response was pretty direct and something you thought MJ might say but honestly, it was what you needed to hear even though you hated making others uncomfortable. In the past, most of the time you'd rather suffer in silence than speak up about whatever was bothering you, as it was still really difficult for you to express yourself sometimes when you knew it could hurt someone's feelings but you were trying to do better with that. You promised Natasha that next time you would do your best to express yourself when something someone did made you feel uncomfortable, giving her a smile before thanking her for taking the time to talk with you, as it was something that made you happy, being heard.