Chapter 45: Vampire Saga - Last Stand

The storm grew larger, louder, it was definitely a sight that was hard to miss, but with Miss Storm's aid, it wasn't hard to maintain, in fact, you could have made it a lot bigger if you wanted to. Right now though, you and everyone else needed to keep the fight focused in one location, you needed to bring them here so when the time came, you could send Dracula back to Hell. He hadn't made an appearance yet, and neither had any of the superpowered-Vampires and you had no idea if that was a good thing or a bad thing, but you didn't like it. It would seem Miss Storm was thinking the same thing, asking over the Comms if anyone had seen any Superpowered-Vampires but no one saw a thing, it was very concerning but you focused on the task ahead. Storm, however, came your way, to speak about it further, as she flew she continued to create and use strong winds to blow vampires together in order for you to blast them with more lightning. You were working quite well together, even though it obviously wouldn't be enough when up against an army of 4 million strong, but you didn't give up, you kept pushing through until you got the signal. 

Storm asked if they should change up their strategy, perhaps head a bit further into the city, doing a large loop to get more Vampires' attention, as although there were quite a few Vampires coming, it was barely 15% of the total army, at least according to Beast. "It couldn't hurt I guess, but you'll have to stick close... if we get swarmed my light is the only thing guaranteed to keep them away", you say, offering Storm your arm as holding hands seemed a little weird at the moment. "Or perhaps I should just go by myself," you blurt out, as suddenly your brain thought it would be safer that way, soon opting for that idea instead as you could also swing by the locations where the bombs were to lure out any Vampires who might be nearby. So that's what you did, a big loop over the city, being extra loud and slaying a Vampire here and there to get their attention, soon finding that a decent-sized force was chasing after you. They covered the sky, it was terrifying, moving together as if they were one, you had a plan to get rid of them though, but you'd need some help.  

"Hey Storm, I think these guys could use a shower," you say, turning your Earpiece back on to talk to her as you had it off so you could concentrate better without everyone yelling in your ear. "What's the plan Thor?" she said and it nearly took you a second before realizing she was talking to you as being referred to as the God of Thunder was still a new thing, something you hoped wouldn't be a permanent gig. You explained too quickly, but Storm seemed to understand enough of what you said to follow your lead, drenching the Vampires as much as possible before you closed in. She went high, you went low, striking the Vampires from multiple locations with lightning, the natural current flowing through their wet bodies with ease, destroying the majority of them in one attack. You took care of the last few, flying in at incredible speeds and bashing them with Mjöllnir, but it probably wasn't a good thing that you enjoyed it, turning folks to ash that is. But you shoved those feelings and thoughts aside for the moment, as you had much bigger problems to deal with as you just received the signal from Amadeus, it was go-time.  

You nodded your head to yourself, before lifting Mjöllnir up to the sky, releasing the storm, so the smell of rain wouldn't obscure the smell of blood too much. You then asked if anyone was injured and required healing, flying over to where the majority of the Heroes and Agents of Shield were waiting, catching their breath as the Vampires cleared out, chasing the scent of fresh blood. You had another rough-ish landing, nearly falling over in the process but luckily, despite the rain, the dust you managed to kick up prevented from anyone seeing your clumsiness and how tired you looked. You recovered rather quickly though, walking out from your personal crater as if nothing happened, really hoping that no one saw that as you strolled on over to take a seat next to Director Fury. "I believe there's something you failed to mention Miss Andersen", Fury said, glancing over at you with a raised brow, but all you could do is laugh awkwardly as you weren't sure what to say. You eventually figured it out though, "there was a lot going on Director Fury... I simply forgot, I'm sorry", you said, followed by another awkward little laugh, praying that things wouldn't stay this tense with him.