Chapter 60: I Do

As you got ready for the day, putting on your makeup and doing your hair, you couldn't help but think about how you got here, it seemed so unbelievable. For one thing, it had already been over 7 years since that night you proposed, so much had happened since then and at times you found it hard to process. You were the head designer of a major brand, designing clothes for different body shapes and sizes, which included height, as well as options for those who covered up more. You also made apparel for individuals with special abilities, customizing all types of fashion styles to accommodate their powers or size, even making the occasional super suit. While Loki became a full-time instructor at the Shield Academy, specializing in understanding the criminal mind and how to play your enemy right into your hand by means of deception. The God of Mischief also taught a little magic and hand-to-hand combat here and there, but he oddly enough preferred teaching in a classroom. It was overall really great, even though you had ups and downs, you and Loki would work together to get through your problems. You smiled to yourself as you thought about the past, how everything began to fall into place after that night, the one you could still remember it very clearly as if it all just happened. You giggled a little bit as you recalled how grumpy and happy you were as you arrived at the party, officially engaged while surrounded by friends and family, wearing one of your favourite dresses of all time. 

It was a green high-low tulle ballgown, with the many layers being several different shades of green to give it depth and dimension. You had added over 100 multi-coloured butterflies and they covered every part of the outer skirt, they even lit up in the dark, it was truly magical. The top was a halter with a deep v-neck and criss-cross straps in the back that accommodated your wings, although you had to admit it was a little hard to do them up. You paired with it a lovely pair of custom shoes you also made, they were gold, over-the-knee, Gladiator-style platform footwear. You couldn't exactly wear heels so adding a few centimetres to the sole of the shoe worked wonders, you weren't as tall as Loki but you were taller and that made you happy. You ended up wearing matching gold bracelets on your arms, as well as a gold choker, earrings, and a circlet, looking absolutely stunning. You did keep the makeup basic, just mascara, lipstick, and a little bit of extra sparkly highlight, what did take you forever was your hair, as you straighten it. You pulled it forward, splitting it up and having it hang down in the front on either side of your boobs, looking truly elegant. 

You did dance with Loki and with a few of your friends but you spent more than half the party off by yourself, trying to relax as you were very overwhelmed. You had to leave almost every time after a new song came on, finding it very hard to not explode from happiness, from Loki accepting your proposal. You had a really hard time keeping still, even when off the dance floor and although a few others took note and asked you didn't tell them why lying by telling them that the party was too much for you. They seemed to buy it but you still worried, you would often second guess yourself like that, taking extra time by yourself so the truth wouldn't come out. As much as you wanted to tell everyone, you didn't want to make the celebration all about you and Loki, it was supposed to be about Surtur's defeat. As you thought about it more you remembered something, letting out a loud gasp to yourself before running off to get it.   

Loki also had a hard time keeping it under wraps, he kept smiling, and he couldn't control himself he was so happy and in love, he couldn't help it. The God of Mischief did his best to keep to himself as it was his only hope, unfortunately, his brother noticed his seemingly odd behaviour and came over to see him. Loki managed to keep it together at the start but as soon as Thor brought you into their discussion he cracked, letting his sweet genuine smile seep through. The Thunderer asked about it immediately and for once Loki was completely honest with him, saying that you asked him to marry you and that he said yes. "She just blurted it out, all grumpy with the cutest angry pout on her face, it was kind of hilarious now that I think about it..." Loki admitted while thinking about just how precious you were, even when pissed off you were absolutely adorable.