Chapter 10: I Forgot

You moaned in pain as you awoke, a very foreign sensation as you hadn't been really sore since you were a kid, before your powers kicked in and still being out of it you weren't sure how to feel about the whole thing. You slowly sat up while rubbing your eyes adjusting to the bright overhead lights as you looked around, not knowing where you were, you couldn't remember what happened. All of your stuff was on a side table and you were in a hospital bed, hooked up to a heart monitor, but the room itself didn't look like a hospital, it looked more like a laboratory. There were tools and equipment everywhere, and you quickly grew nervous, wondering where you could be as you had never seen a place like this, well, besides in movies with a mad scientist. 

You grabbed your bag and pulled out your phone, it was just after eleven pm, and as you thought about it, you had over 12 hours that were unaccounted for, what the hell happened? "The last thing I remember is walking in the city... to get ingredients for Loki's birthday cake..." you thought, trying to remember, but you couldn't, it was painful, as images of Spiderman, Doc Ock, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Thor, and finally Loki, flash through your mind. You recall spotting a few other people but couldn't make out what they looked like, and seeing as it hurt so much you decided to try and think about something else. You looked around again, noticing you were wearing different clothes than earlier, you had on scrubs, the sort a nurse might wear, at least that was the closest comparison you could think of at the moment. You wondered where your clothes were, as you didn't see them anywhere, so you decided to check the drawers of the side table for starters, but they weren't there so you continued to look around.

You spotted a door to your left and decided to grab all of your stuff and head over to it to find out where you were and escape if necessary, as this whole place was giving you very bad vibes. You got up from off the bed and tried to walk away but you nearly fell over as you had forgotten you were hooked up to a heart monitor, but you only laughed a little about it, as it seemed silly. You straightened yourself and went to remove the heart monitor clip-thing from off your finger when you heard a mighty roar from outside the room you were in, it seemed to have shaken the whole building. It scared you so bad and sent your heart racing, with you quickly trying to hide but you had nowhere to go, and you ended up just sitting on the floor, next to the bed covering your ears as the loud roar could be heard again. But seeing as you were still hooked up to the heart monitor, it alerted whoever was around that your heart was beating too fast and you soon heard footsteps approaching the door. You rip the clip-thing from off your finger and bolted to the other side of the room, finding a better place to hide, ending up behind a large machine of some kind, clutching your bag tight as you were still very much afraid. 

You heard several people walk into the room, seemingly worried about where you had gone, at least they sounded that way and you soon recognized one of the voices. "We just convinced him to go lay down and rest, if Loki finds out she's missing there's no telling what he'll do", you heard someone say but it wasn't the voice you recognized, and as you poked your head out from your hiding spot you saw the big blond Asgardian and calmed down, knowing you were somewhere safe. You walked over, not making any noise merely pulling on Thor's cape to get his attention with him quickly turning his head back, happy when he saw it was you, letting out a sigh of relief as the others turned to look as well. You raised your hand, giving him a little wave as you said a simple "hi," before asking Thor, "I hope I'm not being rude but where the hell am I and what happened, cause I don't remember anything from the past 12 hours, also what was that loud noise, it was kind of scary, if you don't mind me asking that is". 

Thor completely ignored your inquiry, asking you how you were feeling as although the fight didn't last that long, you took on attacks from multiple Avengers and he was worried he hurt you somehow, despite just hitting some kind of light shield. "A little sore I guess... which is weird... for me, I mean," you let out an awkward laugh before asking again where you were, what happened and what that noise was. "You're at Avengers Tower, kid" the voice from earlier spoke, it was Tony Stark, you then turned to the other person in the room to see a lady you recognized as the Black Widow, and you just said "hi" again to both of them as you were kind of in shock as you were in the actual Avengers Tower.