Chapter 47: Remember Me

"This happened before did it not?" Thor asked, referring to the incident back in December, you had memory loss for a little while after pushing past the limits of your power. It would seem that this was a more extreme version of that, of course, you were far more injured and technically died, so the fact that the amnesia was worse, didn't seem out of the ordinary, at least for you. But other than your memory loss you were perfectly healthy, it was very likely that with your healing factor, your memories would all return in time, although, how much time was still up for debate. Loki was really and willing to pop into your head and get the memories back that way but the others, being the Asgardian healers, Thor, and even Odin, insisted it would be better to let them come back naturally. Even with your healing ability, Loki being inside your head too long could cause irreversible damage and they couldn't have that so for now, they would try to trigger your memories. Loki and Thor weren't sure what to do at first but they did alert everyone else on Midgard that you were awake and that unfortunately, you couldn't remember anything, with all your friends teaming up to find a way to help you get your memories back.  

For starters, at least on the Asgardian side of things, every day, Loki would summon illusions of different things and places you often went to, with you being able to name every dinosaur and ancient animal he showed you. "I don't even know where that came from," you say, while being both nervous and excited, after cheerfully calling out "Liopleurodon", while also getting a sudden craving for candy, it was strange. That wasn't the only thing that was weird, as even though you couldn't remember Loki, you felt safe with him, all the other people around you made you feel uneasy, but not him, or Pharaoh. You spent a lot of time with them both but hardly anyone else, although the one called Thor would sometimes stop by to check on you, which was nice. The golden-haired prince also brought you a tablet from Midgard loaded up with a bunch of videos so you could be reminded of your life back on Earth, Loki was very happy to show them to you as apparently, you were the one to show him how to use such devices.  

Loki took you around Asgard, to all the places he wanted to show you, his favourite spots, with him telling you in great detail the dates you've gone on in the past. Closing your eyes, you could see his face, many images flashing through your head of Loki in different places with you, most of them in the same few locations, you must have spent a lot of time with him. Of course, he was supposed to be your boyfriend, the one you just moved in with, although you found that part hard to believe but you couldn't put your finger on exactly why you felt this way. You also found it a little odd that none of your friends would come and visit but Loki cleared that up for you saying Midgardians weren't usually allowed in Asgard and you'd see them once you returned to Earth. You then met a group of elves which kind of made you nervous, but they were nice enough and Prince Bjartr Guðmundr even brought you a gift, one you weren't allowed to decline. He presented you a bouquet of lovely flowers and a beautiful gown you ended up wearing to the ball Asgard would be holding that evening, along with some jewellery Loki gave you.  

The gown was truly stunning, black-blue, had off-the-shoulder, full-length sleeves, a natural waist, a heart-shaped neckline and a big poofy skirt that required several petticoats to wear properly. Nearly every inch was covered in sparkles of some kind, it appeared as if it were covered in a thousand shooting stars and yet, somehow the gown itself wasn't incredibly heavy. It was distracting at times though, looking down at it you felt like you were gazing up at the night sky, the most beautiful version of the sky anyway, as with all the lights in Asgard, you couldn't see much of it. Your jewellery was just as fancy, with Loki insisting you wear the tiara he had made for you, and although you did, you kept telling him he didn't have to give you all these gifts. You hoped he wouldn't be upset but actually, he seemed happy by your refusal, saying it was something you always did before, you'd tell him you didn't need anything fancy and in return, Loki would tell you that deserved each and everyone and to just let him spoil you. "I remember... you got me a dress... the one from Cinderella for Christmas, the one with Drew Barrymore... I wore a mask and I... confessed my feelings on New Years..." you say out loud, sounding astonished, tears falling down your face as you not only recalled the memory but you could feel what you felt in that moment as well.