Chapter 2: The Other Half

It started out like any other day; you woke up and got ready, going over your daily checklist, making sure you had everything you needed before leaving to walk to school. It was always a bit of a struggle for you to leave the house by yourself, but once you were out the door you were usually good, only really having any problems if there was loud construction nearby. The walk to Midtown High didn't actually take all that long, it was the walk home that would take a while. As you always would walk through Central Park after school, the path you took was always so pretty but it being fall now, with all the leaves changing colours it was extra lovely.  

Today though something felt a little off, it could have been you being paranoid but you thought someone was following you, and seeing as you were usually off in your own little world this feeling was rather alarming. You didn't really pay attention to the people around you, focusing on the song you were listening to or just your own thoughts instead but you couldn't shake this feeling so you took off running. You bolted out of there like a bat out of hell, going down a different path than usual, but it was one you had walked down before. You take a moment to playback the correct way to go in your mind when you swear you hear something from behind you and you quickly jumped off the path, hiding in a group of nearby trees. 

You see a way back over to the path on the other side, it would take you a few extra minutes though, as you would have to go down into a small ravine before reaching the sidewalk again. You weren't completely sure about it until you heard voices and before your brain could even process what was happening your feet were moving down into the little valley and out of sight. You nearly fell over, tripping on a rock but luckily you caught yourself before you hit the ground, or rolled the rest of the way down. However, you made some noise, and it grabbed the attention of whoever was on the path so you again changed directions, heading deeper into the woods instead of over back to the sidewalk. 

You looked around for a place you could hide when you saw something you didn't expect, an injured man who appeared to be bleeding out. You let out an audible gasp before you rushed over to him, coming into plain view of the stranger, and he looked up at you, his expression changing from annoyed to surprised. At least that's what you thought it was, you weren't the best when it came to picking up on facial expressions, but if he was surprised, he wasn't the only one, as you realized he was Loki, brother to the Avenger Thor. You didn't have time to worry about that though, he was bleeding out and would no doubt die soon without intervention, so you hurried over, removing your backpack to pull out your first aid kit. Even though you were rather clumsy at times, even if you did get hurt you hadn't needed to patch yourself up in a long time, only keeping the kit with you as you knew your mother would get suspicious.  

You knew who he was but it really didn't register, you saw someone injured and knew you had to help, kneeling practically on his lap as you opened up his jacket to get a better look at the wound. He reached out, trying to stop you but you just looked up at him with an angry expression saying "you better keep your Asgardian ass still so I can patch you up, you've lost enough blood". You didn't really want to be a doctor or anything, but after that run-in with a very injured Spiderman, you decided you would learn how to patch people up better. You were always willing to lend a helping hand if you could, but when you accidentally found out that Spiderman was your good friend Peter Parker, you knew you had to do better. You really didn't mean to find out his secret identity, but when you patched him up he was unconscious and you had to remove his mask to stop the bleeding on his face. Luckily with your sewing skills, you did an okay job, nowhere near surgeon level but he wasn't bleeding anymore and could swing or walk home from there.  

You dragged his body carefully into a nearby closet at school, hiding him so that whoever was after him wouldn't find him before he regained consciousness. You left him there, covering him up with a blanket you swiped from the nurse's office, you were certain he would be fine and besides you couldn't be there when he woke up. You knew you weren't supposed to know his secret identity, and you weren't sure what he'd do if he knew that you knew, so you would pretend not to know. You bandaged him up a couple more times in and out of costume, playing dumb, making comments like "you sure are clumsy Peter," or "are you in a fight club I don't know about?", but with Spiderman, you acted much more like a fangirl; "anything for you Spiderman", you were a fan, but not that much, you definitely liked plain old Peter a lot more.