Chapter 3: Cupcakes & Pins

It had been a couple of weeks since you met Loki, and you couldn't get him out of your head, thinking about him always made you smile, you didn't expect him to be so nice. You were glad what you heard about him was wrong, finding out he had joined the Avengers, which was super awesome, he looked so cool fighting alongside Thor, Captain America, and the others. But still, other people didn't seem to be on board with the whole thing, most of the people you talked to were convinced he was trying to trick them, it definitely upset you. You were always angry anytime J. Jonah Jameson would say negative stuff about him, he was doing so a lot lately, how it was a mistake for the Avengers to allow him to join the team. I mean he was giving Loki a harder time than Spiderman, yeah Spiderman, a.k.a New Yorks #1 "Menace", it was driving you absolutely crazy. You had to show your support, no one knew you were his friend, not that anyone would believe you even if you did tell them but you would try extra hard, using your craft skills to make stuff.  

You made pins for your backpack, there were several different designs you came up with; you had a black one with a green heart and on top was his name in gold, another was shaped like his helmet and one shaped like his sceptre both gold and accurate, or as accurate as you could get making little button pins. You also started wearing more Loki-themed outfits, you didn't go too crazy, mostly just wearing more green, gold, and black but you did alter a few pieces of clothing, although you did buy some items to wear. You kept it pretty casual for the most part but today was different, besides being Friday, it was actually a special occasion for you so you decided to go all out with your outfit.  

You were wearing a thin dark green hoodie, you altered the sleeves so that they were lantern-shaped with long fitted lace-up cuffs that went over your hands and even had thumb holes. It also had a large hood, which you loved, and you also replace the drawstrings to match the ribbons on your sleeves, making them both gold. On top of your hoodie, you had on a small black corset with a heart-shaped top and a v-cut bottom hem, you found it at the thrift store a while back, it was a little more punk-styled than you would have liked, but you just rolled with it. You also had on a short pleated black skirt, black stockings, black over-the-knee lace-up combat boots and a gold headband with small goat horns. You didn't wear a lot of jewellery, but you did have on a gold choker chain necklace with a small green evil eye pendant and lock & key earrings to complete the look. As for your hair, you just had it down in messy fishtail braids, with the loose hair at the front pinned back with green, gold, and black hairpins, some with little flowers. You also had on mascara, and a little bit of green sparkly eyeshadow, you had on chapstick but it was the kind that tinted your lips, so they looked a little bit darker, leaning towards more purple than red.

You didn't normally dress this way, well not at school anyway, not that what you were wearing wasn't your style, you just didn't dress up "themed" in public before, opting for more casual comfy clothes. Although if you had it your way you'd be dressing up every single day in a different costume or awesome, over-the-top outfit, the only reason you didn't do it was because you didn't like the extra attention. You decided to step out of your comfort zone today, and it was terrible, you loved what you were wearing but being aware that you would be standing out you could pick up on everyone's gazes better than usual. Their eyes made you uncomfortable, but Mary Jane said you looked fierce, joining your Loki Campaign, even wearing one of the pins you created which made you feel a lot better. She was always so supportive and looked at you when you spoke, even though you couldn't always keep eye contact you loved her positivity and determination, wishing sometimes to be more like her.  

You were heading out of the building, down the stairs with your headphones on looking around to see if MJ was anywhere so you could say goodbye before starting your walk home when you spot him. You let out a gasp and smile wide as you rushed over to the God of Mischief, beyond happy to see him again and as you got closer you called his name. This however grabbed the attention of a few other students so Loki quickly pulled you aside behind some nearby trees covering your mouth to keep you quiet. Loki immediately checked to see if anyone was watching or looking their way but when he saw that no one was, he relaxed and let go of you. The second Loki let go, was the same moment you turned around to give him a hug, as you missed him, like a lot and you didn't realize just how much until you saw him again.