Chapter 4: Movie Night

You gave Loki a quick explanation of where everything was before taking him up to your room; the Parlor Floor or second floor was technically the main level, being the one you enter into from outside, and on it, you had a library room in the front Parlor area filled with books, a couple of armchairs, a chess table, and even a fireplace. Also on this floor was a half bath in the wide hallway leading to the back where there was a family room with a large television and plenty of seating, as your mother would invite over her girlfriends to drink wine and gossip about this and that, it even had a bar in the separate room off the back. The floor below it, the first floor or Garden Floor was obviously the ground level and the one you could access the backyard from, although there was an upper deck just off the Bar-room upstairs that had a staircase down to the yard as well. On this level was the dining room, it was in the front and had nice bay windows with a built-in bench and a cushion, there was one in the library above it but your mother had it taken out in the latest renovations, opting to put the chess table there instead. The first floor also had a laundry room in the hall connecting to the large kitchen in the back, it was a baker's dream as it had the latest high-tech appliances, a large island, and a walk-in pantry with all the kitchen gadgets you could ever want or need. It also had a breakfast nook with a cozy table and bench and beautiful big windows overlooking the backyard which was redone recently in a modern style; it was mainly stone with comfortable outdoor seating, fairy lights and a large fancy firepit, there wasn't a whole lot of grass but there were tall plants that lined the fences for extra privacy. The third floor was your mom's level, it had a master bedroom with a large private bathroom and enormous walk-in closet that was bigger than some of the tiny New York apartments you've seen. This floor also had her office, a small guest room with its own bathroom, and a terrace in the back, off your mom's bedroom, it had a hot tub but you didn't use it as you thought they were gross. The fourth floor or Top Floor was your level, it was entirely yours and your mother rarely came up there when she was home even if she needed something, she opted to just text you instead.

You escorted Loki up to your floor, a little nervous as you never had anyone over before, MJ, Peter, and Harry dropped by once but that was to pick you up and they only saw your Parlor/Library. You walk up the stairs into an open den space with an oversized and extra deep sofa couch taking up most of the room, it was practically a queen-size bed, but there was built-in storage on either side and behind it, holding all of your craft and art supplies as well as your movies and games. The room to your left was your bedroom, which was pretty empty except for the vanity, shelves to display trophies and ribbons you've won over the years along with a large bed built into the bay window. You also had a private bathroom and walk-in closet but they were nowhere near the size of your mother's, and although you didn't have a terrace you had a Juliet balcony that overlooked your backyard. It was in the room on the right, which was your workspace, you did your homework, sewing, crafts, and used your computer in there, although the room had one more purpose.

You sat your bags down next to the couch telling Loki to wait right there as there was something you had to go get as you rushed into the room on the right to retrieve it. Well, more so retrieve her, as you walked back out with a giant snake wrapped around your torso and arms, introducing her to Loki as you're beautiful snakey baby Lily. She had beautiful shiny white scales and big sparkly blue eyes, she was easily 18 feet long, 140 pounds and thick as all hell. She was really sweet and friendly, always giving you lots of nose kisses on your cheeks and hands, wrapping herself around you when you were feeling stressed and even joining you for movie nights or when you would just sit and draw for hours.

You had no idea what kind of snake she was, as you didn't know much about non-dinosaur reptile species, but you loved your snakey baby and besides you really couldn't get her checked out as she was definitely different from other snakes. You saved her life when she was a little baby about two years ago, bringing her back from the brink of death with your powers; she had been attacked by an animal of some kind, but not really eaten for some reason and left to die when you found her in the park. You were worried she was dead but tried to save her anyway, and when you did heal her she began to turn white and you passed out completely, which you didn't know would happen. You woke up a few minutes later with a cute little snake wrapped around your hand as if she knew you had saved her and would protect her. So you took her home, setting up her own space in one of the corners in your workroom, although it had grown in size quite a bit, as she had gotten so big her stuff took up close to a third of the room. Loki was surprised, you didn't seem like the type of person who would own a snake, but also that you could carry such a big snake without any problems as she looked heavy, well, heavy for a human. The more he thought about it though, the more it made sense to him as it was probably one of the closer options if you wanted a dinosaur-like pet.  

When I Met YouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara