Chapter 11: Sick Party Bro

You sat up, yawning, rubbing your eyes as you began to wake up, finding yourself in your own bed and you threw off the covers, quickly getting up to go use the bathroom. You didn't remember going to bed last night and as you looked in the mirror, you didn't recognize the pyjamas you were wearing either, but you decided not to worry about it at the moment, as you had other stuff to do. You walked out of your room as you needed to go feed Lily, you fed her once a week, every Sunday morning and knew you couldn't keep your hungry baby waiting. She was still growing after all, she wouldn't be fully grown for another year or possibly a year and a half, it was crazy to think about as she was already so big. She grew another couple of feet over the last few months, she was about 24 feet now and if she got much bigger she would hold the record for the biggest snake on the planet. You were actually a little worried about it, as you came to the conclusion that your powers might have had something to do with it, as she was much bigger than any snake her own age. 

You put on your ballet flats and housecoat, threw your hair up into a simple messy bun and walked out of your room to head down to the freezer, where you had a small sealed crate full of rats you ordered in bulk to feed her. It was a little gross you had to admit, it was a lot easier in the beginning when she was tiny, you would give her little fish but now she ate giant rats, they were really big, about the size of a loaf of bread and you've had more than one nightmare where they would come back to life and attack you. You were pretty used to it now though, both with feeding and buying the rats, even the company you bought the rodents from knew you by just your voice, they would always ask you how you were when you called, they were really nice. You only ordered a couple of times a year, but it was still great, as weird as that sounds, they were kind of your friends, in a way, as you shared a love of snakes and you'd sometimes go on and on about it with them. 

You walked over to the stairs when you noticed a certain Asgardian sleeping on your couch, and your heart melted a little, he stayed to make sure you were alright, he was truly the sweetest. Loki was exhausted, between fighting you yesterday, teleporting all over town, and staying up late to watch over you, he really needed a rest, but you weren't planning on waking him up. You tried extra hard to remain silent, focusing on only that, as you carefully walked downstairs to get Lily her meal, deciding on the way that you would make crepes for breakfast, quickly mixing some batter to chill before grabbing a rat for your snakey baby. You walk upstairs as quietly as you can, using your powers to carefully fix Loki's blanket before walking over to see Lily, who practically tackled you the second she saw you. "Lily, my bean, I missed you too but Loki's sleeping so we can't be too loud", you shouted quietly, trying to get up but Lily had other ideas, as she wrapped you tight in a hug, she was really worried about you. Your snake was a lot smarter than anyone thought, she could understand you and you could understand her for the most part, some things got lost in translation but you could always understand how she felt. But seeing as you always had this ability you didn't see it as a special power, you just understood animals in a deeper way than others could and you thought that maybe it was because of your autism as you were much more comfortable around animals than people. 

Lily was actually squeezing a little too tight and you used your powers to loosen her grip on you so you wouldn't pass out from lack of oxygen, quickly pulling the rat out of the bag for her to consume. Lily wandered over to her usual spot to start eating while you laid against her long body, resting your head, arms and upper torso against her, as you thought about everything that happened. You remembered everything when you woke up this morning and you felt really bad about it, you knew it wasn't your fault but you still couldn't help but blame yourself, as you could still hear the many screams of terrified civilians in your head. You told Lily all about it while she ate, at least you tried to, it was a little hard to talk since you were crying, as you felt like a monster, you frightened and destroyed parts of New York, but worse than that you hurt Peter, you hurt Hawkeye and several of the other Avengers, and you made your best friend fight you, it was awful to think about. You weren't sure what to do, saying as much to Lily, while in turn, your sweet snakey baby wrapped the lower half of her body around you as a way to comfort you, and it made you feel better, eventually.