8. That's what I want

LOUIS

Harry and Louis had gone to the mall that morning to get Niall a present and some new toys for Milo. They mainly got teething toys because Louis was now sure Milo's first tooth was starting to come out, it was in the bottom in the middle, it wasn't visible yet but when Louis passed his finger over his gums he could feel it and it was making Milo cranky and whiny at times.

Now they were cuddling in bed together, they had taken a little nap after lunch because Milo was taking one too, but now they were both awake, just enjoying some alone time.

"I'm going to go check on Milo" Louis said as Harry ran his fingers through his hair.

"The baby monitor is on and he hasn't made a sound" Harry replied.

"I think I heard something and he sometimes wakes up and stays there quietly until someone gets him" Louis said "And I feel bad when that happens, I feel like he thinks he was abandoned".

"He doesn't think that Lou, don't be silly" Harry answered then kissed Louis forehead and stood up from the bed "I'll go check on him anyway so you don't worry".

"Thanks Haz" Louis smiled.

Harry left the bedroom and apparently he forgot to turn off the baby monitor because Louis heard him talk to the baby through it.

"Hi Milo, how long have you been awake love?" Harry said in his baby voice.

He had been right! Poor baby had been in the nursery all alone.

"Papa's silly and he thinks you feel abandoned when you spend time alone, but you don't, right?" Harry asked the baby.

Then Louis heard Harry making kiss noises and Milo giggling.

"We're going to uncle Niall's in a bit to tell him happy early birthday" Harry was saying "I think we should make him a present, I'm sure papa will help us too, right Lou?".

"Yeah!" Louis yelled so Harry could hear him in the nursery.

A few seconds later Harry appeared at the door of their bedroom carrying Milo.

"Remember those supplies my mum gave us when we went to Holmes Chapel last time to make art things with Milo?" Harry asked.

"Mhmm" Louis nodded "Do you want to do an artsy gift for Nialler?".

"I was thinking Milo's hand's on something, like we paint them and put his prints on a piece of colour paper" Harry

"I think it would be better if we did it with his feet, he still tends to fist his hands and he puts them in his mouth constantly" Louis replied "I know it's non toxic paint but I still don't want him eating it".

"You're right" Harry nodded and talked to the baby "Let's paint your feetsies Milo!".

Louis laughed, he loved seeing Harry with Milo, they looked so alike it was the cutest thing, and right now they were both wearing blue so it was even cuter. But then Louis saw Milo make a face he knew perfectly well what it meant, which resulted in Harry making a face too.

"Go change him, I'll set everything up" Louis said climbing off the bed.

"What are you feeding this baby Lou?" Harry said as he went back to the nursery with Milo.

It took them a while to do it, the process of putting paint on Milo's feet was hard because it tickled him which in turn caused the paint to end up everywhere, so they had to give Milo a bath when they were done. The final result was a card made out of light blue construction paper with both of Milo's footprints in the front in the colors of the Irish flag, plus the words 'Happy Birthday Uncle Niall' written by Harry. On the inside Louis wrote: