20. It's been a long day

NIALL

9.54 a.m

It was the day of Niall's last exam, and to say he was nervous would have been an understatement. To be honest, he had never in his life been nervous before taking an exam, probably before he had never cared whether he was going to pass or not, but his time he cared, he really cared.

"Hey Rob" Niall greeted his friend sitting next to him.

"Hello mate" Rob replied, looking up.

Then Rob immediately went back to read some notes he had on the desk; he seemed nervous, which was probably because this was his second time taking the class. There were still a couple minutes left until the exam started, and Niall decided to do one last quick reading, and he realized he remembered more than he thought. It was probably because he had studied under Louis' exam studying regime, which was crazy, but so far, very efficient. He already knew he had passed 2 of his classes, and he had done a lot better than he thought he was going to do, but he was still waiting on the results of another two, and then of course, he had to take this last exam.

"Good morning class" Professor Fuller said walking inside the classroom.

"Good morning" Niall murmured, just as the rest of the class did.

Professor Fuller got settled, and then stood in the front with the exams in his arms.

"Please put your notes, computers and phones away. The exam is multiple choice, so I only want to see pencils and erasers, nothing else" the professor said "If I see anything else after we start, you will leave me no choice but to take the exam away".

Niall put his things away, and he nervously waited for the professor to hand in the exams to the people in the front row seats, and then for them to pass to the back.

"Everyone has one?" Professor Fuller asked after a few minutes.

There were a couple of yes and yeah, so the professor said they had an hour an a half, and that they could start.

You can do this Niall, he told himself.

Okay, first question.

What the...?

"There are only 10 minutes left, kids" Professor Fuller warned.

Niall looked up from the exam in panic, where did the time go? And where did the people go? There were only a handful of people left in the room.

Focus Niall!

He had gone through the entire exam already, but he had left a lot of the questions unanswered, not that he was completely sure that he ones he had answered were correct.

"5 minutes" the professor announced.

Shit!

Niall answered only three more questions, and then...

"Time's up Mr. Horan" Professor Fuller said, he was standing next to him with his hand outstretched.

Was he the only one left? How the hell did everyone finish so fast?

"Okay" Niall said defeated, and handed his exam to the professor.

"I gave you 5 extra minutes, but don't tell anyone" the professor said as he walked to the front desk.

"I won't, and thank you" Niall sighed.

Then he buried his head in his arms on the table for a few seconds; he was going to fail, he knew it.

"You will probably get the results on Monday" Professor Fuller said.

"Doesn't matter, I failed" Niall murmured as he stood up and started gathering his things.