45. It's better to be safe than sorry

NIALL

All Niall wanted was to have his baby already.

Not because he was sick of being pregnant (okay, maybe in part), but because he was bored to death.

Most of the time, he spent his days alone in the flat, doing housework, watching the telly, playing playstation, and even reading sometimes, and it was all getting a little old.

Sometimes he would call Louis, because he was on the same boat as he was, pregnant and at home, but Louis had Milo to take care of, who was turning into quite a little tornado, and he also had a lot to do around the new house, so his friend didn't have that much time to chat with him.

So it was pretty much Niall alone all day, every day, until Liam came back home from work, which at this point was Niall's favorite moment of the day.

"Hi, angel" Liam said, when he got home that day.

"Finally, I'm dying of boredom" Niall said from the couch, leaving the playstation control aside.

"You could've gone out" Liam suggested.

"Where?" Niall frowned.

"I don't know, anywhere" Liam shrugged "Aren't some of your friends back to Uni? You could have hung out with them".

"It's Friday, Liam, they would have wanted to hang out at the pub, and I'm not comfortable going there being this pregnant" Niall replied.

"Well, I'm here now" Liam said, going to sit next to him.

"I missed you" Niall said snuggling up to him.

"You had Lucy to keep you company" Liam said, putting his hand on the bump.

"Yeah, but she's not being a nice girl today" Niall sighed.

"Why not?".

"My back's been killing me since this morning, and I've been having those Braxton Hicks contractions coming and going all day" Niall complained.

"But those things aren't her fault" Liam pouted as he ran his hand up and down Niall's belly.

"They're happening because she's in there, so they are" Niall argued.

"I was going to say we should go out for dinner, and then go see a movie, but if you're not feeling well-" Liam started.

"No, no, no, let's go, I wanna go out" Niall interrupted, because it wasn't really that bad.

"Yeah?" Liam asked, seeming unsure.

"Yes, please" Niall nodded.

"You're acting as if you've been locked in here" Liam chuckled.

"Might as well have been" Niall said, and got up from the couch "I'm gonna go change so we can go".

"Okay, angel" Liam smiled.

Niall quickly got changed from his sweatpants, and hoodie into nicer clothes to go out, and tried to keep out of his head the back pain.

"I'm going to change my shirt too" Liam said coming into their bedroom.

"Okay, but hurry, I'm getting hungry" Niall told him.

"Hey, is it me or your bump looks lower?" Liam asked, tilting his head to the side, probably to asses the situation.

"Yeah, she dropped this morning, which I'm actually glad about, I had been having trouble breathing lately because she was so high up, but not anymore" Niall said happily.

"But doesn't the baby dropping mean you're going into labor?" Liam frowned.

"Of course not" Niall snorted.