29. What are you hiding?

LOUIS

It happened again for the fourth morning in a row.

Louis woke up feeling extremely tired, and it was a struggle to get up from the bed. But he finally did, and he had breakfast in the kitchen with Harry and Milo. Then Harry went to work, and while he was cleaning after breakfast, he started feeling kind of dizzy.

Then all of a sudden, that dizziness turned into nausea, and before he knew it, he had to bolt to the bathroom, and he threw up all he had just eaten.

The first day that happened, he thought maybe he had eaten something bad.

The second day he thought it could be something else.

The third day he became worried.

And now on the fourth day...

"Fuck" Louis muttered, he had his head practically inside the toilet.

Could he really be pregnant again?

But Harry always wore a condom, and as far as he knew, it had never broken, so how could he be pregnant?

Maybe he wasn't pregnant, he told himself.

Maybe it was just the flu, or some random virus that made him throw up in the morning.

While he brushed his teeth after he was done vomiting, he stared at his reflection in the mirror; he seemed kind of pale and tired, and he looked a bit sweaty...

But did he look pregnant?

He finished brushing his teeth, and then he pulled up his t-shirt to asses the situation.

His belly looked completely flat (at least as flat as he had managed to get it after Milo), which meant that if he was pregnant he couldn't be too far along.

Milo's cries suddenly distracted him from his thoughts, and he ran to the living room, where he had left him in the playpen while he cleaned, and he found the baby standing and holding on to the bars of the playpen, while he cried his heart out.

"What happened, peanut?" Louis asked as he scooped him up "What's wrong?".

The crying subsided a bit once Milo was in Louis' arms, but the baby still wrapped his arms around his neck as he sobbed.

"Shhhh, it's okay, baby boy" Louis soothed him "Papa's here now".

Louis walked around the flat shushing Milo, and whispering comforting words in his ear, but all the while he kept thinking about the possibility that he could be pregnant.

He was surprised that he wasn't freaking out as much as he had the last time he suspected he was pregnant.

Actually, he wasn't freaking out at all.

He thought that maybe the reason behind that was that this time, Harry and he were together, and not only together, but engaged, and that Harry had a job now, and he himself was going to graduate in a few months.

And they had planned to have more babies in the future, maybe not so soon, but they both wanted more kids, so it was all good in that department.

At this point, Milo had completely calmed down, so Louis set him down on the playpen again, because he had a lot of things to do around the house, and he also wanted to do a bit of studying.

But Milo wanted none of that, because the minute Louis' arms left him, his lower lip started trembling.

"Come on, Milo" Louis begged, without picking him up again, but he knelt down in front of the playpen "You can't stay in my arms all morning".