44. Everyone seems to be happy

HARRY

The truth was, the move to Manchester hadn't been as smooth as they had wanted it to be.

When they first had to go there, they had been unable to find a temporary place to live; all the places they saw were either a damp or way too expensive for them, and it had been really stressful thinking they were going to be homeless.

In the end, they had temporarily moved into Harry's mum's house in Holmes Chapel, until they found a proper place to live. That meant Harry had to make a 45 minute (which could sometimes easily turn into more than an hour) commute every day to go to work, which wasn't ideal, but it was a lot better than being homeless, and Harry had learned to enjoy it.

But Louis, being Louis, started to look for houses in Manchester as soon as they were settled in Holmes Chapel, not wanting to bother Anne, even though she kept saying they were more than welcome to stay for as long as they needed.

Which they had no choice but to accept, because the house hunt went terrible at first, they hated everything they saw, and at some point they decided they didn't want to live in the city, they wanted a house in a quiet neighborhood outside of the city, where their boys could ride their bikes outside with no problem.

But that hadn't been easy to find either; the houses they loved were too pricey, and the ones that were in their budget were either too small for them, or needed way too many repairs, which took them out of their budget.

And of course, as the weeks went by, and the more pregnant Louis got, the more stressful the situation was, because they didn't want to be moving when Louis was too close to give birth, and they didn't want to do it with newborn twins either.

But finally, a miracle had happened, and Louis had found the most amazing house in a small town that was just 15 minutes away from the city, and about half an hour away from Holmes Chapel.

It was a 4 bedroom, 2 story house, which only needed a little painting here and there, and what was best, was that it was within their price range (they still had to get a loan from the bank, but that had always been the plan). So they had made an offer on the house, and they got it, and it was such a relief to finally have their family home that they both cried of happiness.

"Harry!" Louis called.

"Yes, babe?" Harry asked as he walked downstairs, where Louis was.

Louis appeared at the foot of the stairs, both hands on his hips, and he didn't look happy.

"You said you would hang the living room curtains last night" Louis told him.

"Sorry, love, I forgot, I'll do it after breakfast, okay?" Harry proposed, and kissed his cheek.

"I feel like at this rate we're never going to finish moving in" Louis sighed.

"What are you talking about? We already painted all the rooms, and all the furniture is in place" Harry declared.

"We still have to buy some stuff for the kitchen, and the twins' nursery, we have to hang all of our pictures on the walls, and also decorate, and the downstairs bathroom could use a new sink".

"Those are just details, baby, this place already feels like our home" Harry reminded him.

"I just want it to be perfect" Louis pouted.