46. Our lives will be insane

LOUIS

Louis had no idea you could actually go overdue with twins, but apparently it was possible, because currently he was 2 days overdue, and he was going insane.

His stomach was massive; his poor skin was so stretched that it had cracked in so many places, that he didn't even want to look at it.

He could hardly breathe anymore, his feet were swollen like balloons, he couldn't even shower properly, not to mention take care of Milo, and it didn't help that his boy had turned into a little tornado, leaving disasters everywhere he went.

But he couldn't really complain, because it was his own fault; at 38 weeks, the doctor, seeing how miserable Louis was, had suggested to induce labor, saying it was safe for the babies to come out. And at first Louis considered it, but then he did a little research, like he always liked to do, and he found out that the drug they used to induce labor wasn't that harmless, and it had a lot of potential risks and side effects for himself and the babies.

So he decided to suck it up, and continue being pregnant, but he still tried to induce labor naturally, like he had tried with Milo, but nothing had worked, so he thought he was just going to have to wait until the beans decided to come on their own.

But the day before, he had gone to an appointment, and his doctor said that because the twins were identical, they shared a placenta, and because it was shared, it could start deteriorating faster than if it was a single baby, so he thought the best thing was to induce at this point. Louis still didn't want that, but after a long talk with his doctor, and Harry, he had had no choice but to agree.

So today, they had to be at the hospital at 9 AM to get the induction started.

"You're awake" Harry said, coming into their room with a breakfast tray.

"Yeah" Louis sighed, as he sat with some difficulty, while Harry left the tray on the bed "Thanks, Haz".

"You're welcome, baby" Harry said, and pecked his lips "How did you sleep?".

"Not that bad" Louis answered, his hand going to the side of his bump as one of the twins kneed him "Is Milo awake?".

"Yeah, he's in the kitchen having breakfast with my mum, she got here early saying she didn't want us to have to worry about Milo while we get ready to go to the hospital" Harry explained.

"I love your mum, she's so nice to us" Louis said, while he picked on his toast, but didn't eat it.

"She's the best" Harry grinned "Now eat your breakfast while I shower".

"I'm not really hungry" Louis confessed.

"Why? Are you nervous?".

"Yeah..." Louis accepted "I really don't want to do this, I have a bad feeling about it".

"Don't say that, everything will be fine, and before we know it, we'll have our baby beans here with us" Harry smiled.

"I just wish they would come out on their own".

"It could still happen, for all we know, your water could break right now" Harry suggested.

"It won't" Louis said, and bit his lip "Unless, maybe, if we try something".

"We've already tried everything to induce labor naturally" Harry reminded him.