41. I can't change the past

LIAM

After Milo's party was over, and all the guests had left, Liam stayed for a little while longer to help Louis and Harry clean up all the mess. He did it partly because he thought it was his duty as godfather, but also because he didn't really have a home to go back to right now, and he knew Zayn and Perrie were probably sick of him already, so he was trying his best to stay out of their way as much as possible.

But when everything was cleaned, and the furniture was back in place, Liam had no choice but to leave. He contemplated just going over to Niall's flat to try to talk to him, but he realized Louis had been right, he couldn't do that yet.

So he went to Zayn's and Perrie's building, but he didn't go up to the flat, instead, he got into his car, which was parked outside, and started driving to Wolverhampton. He had decided he needed to do it now, he needed to come clean, and whatever happened, he wasn't going to back down this time.

While he drove, he almost turned back around 2 times, but the thought of Niall and their baby kept him going, he needed them back in his life, and this was the only way that was ever going to happen.

When he got to his childhood home, he saw his dad's car parked outside, and the lights on in the second floor, which meant his parents had to be awake, which wasn't surprising, it wasn't that late.

But he didn't get out of the car right away after he parked it outside the house. Instead, he stayed there for a while, trying to gather enough courage to walk in there and finally come clean about everything.

When he finally decided it was time, he walked over to the front door and opened it with his key. He turned on a light so he could see where he was going, just as he heard footsteps at the top of the stairs.

"Mum? Dad?" Liam called.

"Liam, you scared me to death!" Karen said, coming down the stairs "I thought you were a burglar".

"Sorry, mum" Liam chuckled.

"What are you even doing here? I thought you said you weren't coming this weekend because it was Milo's birthday" Karen said, and he greeted her son with a hug.

"Yeah, I know, but the party ended a couple of hours ago, so I decided to come" Liam shrugged.

"Is there something wrong?" Karen frowned.

Liam should've known his mum was going to notice right away that something was up, she was a very perceptive person.

"Kind of... yes... is dad sleeping already?" Liam wondered.

"Oh, no, he went to with his friends, and apparently it was only the lads, no wives allowed" Karen answered "Why? Did you come over to tell him about Niall? Is that it?".

"Yes... in part" Liam said, as he scratched the back of his neck nervously "But there's something else I have to tell him... and you too".

"I get the feeling it's something important".

"It is" Liam nodded.

"Do you want to tell me now or do you want to tell both of us together?" Karen wondered.

"Uhm..." Liam hesitated.