24. I knew it was you

LOUIS

At first, Louis and Harry hadn't been sure what to do for New Year's, mainly because of Milo. Their friends had suggested to spend it together in someone's flat, but Louis felt that that wasn't fair to them, they were still young and they didn't have responsibilities, so they deserved to go to a party and have fun. So in the end, he and Harry decided that it was best if they spent New Year's alone in their flat, just their little family, and their friends were going to a party somewhere.

But the other things was that Harry had decided that to make up his lack of birthday present for Louis, he was going to make a special New Year's dinner for him, and he had enlisted Niall to help him (mainly because he still had a cast on his left arm). Louis told him that it wasn't necessary, that they could just eat pizza and drink some champagne, but Harry insisted to do it, saying he owed it to him.

So Harry and Niall had been out all morning buying stuff for the dinner, and after Milo woke up from his nap, they kicked them out of the flat (in a nice way, of course) so they could set everything up.

That's why now Louis was ringing Liam's doorbell, the baby bag in his shoulder and Milo in his arms.

"There's my bunny" Liam cooed when he opened the door.

"Hello to you too" Louis said while Liam took Milo from his arms.

"Sorry, hi" Liam said quickly to Louis and then he walked inside the flat with the baby "I missed you bunny, did you miss me?".

"Okay, then" Louis said, and closed the front door behind him.

Liam had sat down on the sofa, and he was taking Milo's snow suit off, as he continued cooing at him, and Louis decided that in the meantime he was going to 'baby proof' the flat a bit.

"You're Batman!" Liam announced when he saw Milo was wearing the Batman hoodie he had given him for Christmas "Don't you look cute?".

"He always looks cute" Louis replied as he pushed the table into the corner of the room.

"I know, but he looks extra cute being Batman" Liam declared, then he focused on Louis "What are you doing?".

"I'm trying to baby proof this death trap you live in" Louis answered.

"What's wrong with the table?" Liam asked confused.

"Look at the edges, they're so sharp Milo could lose an eye" Louis said, and he placed a cushion in front of the edge that wasn't protected by the wall.

"That's not dramatic" Liam commented.

"He's crawling really fast now, and he has already crashed into things, so I want to avoid it happening again" Louis said as he arranged the wires of the playstation, they were everywhere "And he puts everything he gets his hands on in his mouth, including wires".

"You're making your papa's life difficult, aren't you bunny?" Liam cooed at Milo raising him a little in the air, the baby giggling.

"Imagine when he starts walking" Louis said, and he grabbed the rest of the cushions from the sofa to protect other dangerous spots "And I'm afraid he's so much like Harry, he might have inherited his clumsiness too, and that means he'll fall a lot".

Liam laughed at that, and then continued talking to Milo in a stupid baby voice, while Louis finished moving furniture, until he was satisfied that it was safe enough for Milo. Then he picked up the baby bag, took a blanket from it, and he extended it on the floor, and he took some of the toys he had brought for Milo to play with.

"We're all set peanut" Louis said to Milo, who was already wiggling in Liam's arms, probably wanting to be put down to play with his toys.