21. Welcome home!

LOUIS

"Lou change lanes you're gonna miss the exit" Harry pointed out.

"Is it the next one?" Louis wondered as he did what Harry said.

"You've been going to Holmes Chapel for 3 years, and you still don't know how to get there?" Harry asked.

"Haz answer the question, please" Louis urged, the exit was coming up in like a minute.

"Yes, the next one" Harry replied exasperated.

"I'm sorry, but you always drive, so I don't pay attention to the road" Louis defended himself.

"It shows" Harry said bitterly.

The day of the accident, Harry had had to stay at the hospital because they wanted to monitor his concussion, and then he had been in bed rest for two days. After that, they told him to take it easy for the next week or so, and not to do any strenuous activities, which even meant work. So Harry had been home all week with Louis and Milo, but it hadn't exactly been a fun week so far. Harry had been very irritable, and Louis had been tempted more than a few times to tell him to go fuck himself, but he knew it was because of the headaches he was constantly getting, so he had kept his mouth shut. The doctor told them that headaches and dizziness were completely normal after having a concussion, and that they were going to go away eventually, and Louis couldn't wait for that to happen.

"Does your head hurt?" Louis asked softly.

"Yeah".

"Why don't you take something?" Louis suggested.

"I already did" Harry replied.

"Can't you take more?" Louis wondered.

"If I could, don't you think I would have done it already?" Harry snapped.

"Sorry for trying to help" Louis muttered.

Then the car went silent, Milo had fallen asleep about 20 minutes ago after they had stopped to feed him a bottle, and the radio was off because Harry claimed it made his head hurt worse.

"I'm sorry, Lou" Harry apologized.

"It's okay, Hazza".

"No, it's not" Harry denied "I've been treating you badly, and you've been nothing but nice to me".

"I know you haven't been feeling well, so you're allowed to act out a bit" Louis replied "And you handled 9 months of me acting crazy, so this is only fair".

"It isn't fair, and it's not only that I don't feel well, it's that I feel useless" Harry confessed "I couldn't go get Milo's Christmas presents with you, and I had been looking forward to that. I can't give Milo his bath at night because of this stupid cast, let alone change his nappy, and just a few hours ago you had to load everything in the car alone, because I'm not supposed to do anything".

"I don't mind doing all those things while you can't" Louis told his boyfriend "And about Milo's presents, we still bought some of them online, so you still participated".

"But I wanted to take him to the mall and sit him on Santa's lap, and take lots of pictures" Harry said grumpily.

"We can do that next year Haz, and it's not like he will remember" Louis tried.

"But I remember" Harry argued.

"Stop being such a cry baby" Louis scolded "You should be glad we get to spend Christmas together at your mum's house. That car crash could've been worse and you could've ended with life threatening injuries, and then we might have needed to spend Christmas in the hospital, or worse, at the cemetery, and that wouldn't have been fun, would it?".