25. Surprise!

HARRY

After a month of having that stupid cast on his wrist, Harry was finally going to have it removed, and he was definitely happy about it.

"Hello Mr. Styles" Dr. Kane said coming inside the exam room where Harry was waiting "How are you today?".

"I'm great considering I'm getting my hand back today" Harry smiled at him.

"Well, not entirely, so don't get too excited" the doctor warned him.

"What are you talking about? Aren't you taking this thing off?" Harry asked panicking.

He wanted his hand back!

"I am, but you won't be able to use it normally right away, these things take time" Dr. Kane explained as he gathered some instruments.

"Are you serious?" Harry asked annoyed.

"You had a third degree sprain that required surgery, so yes, I'm very serious" the doctor answered.

Harry couldn't help the scold that formed on his face, because he was sick of not being able to do basic things, like driving and typing with two hands, and he had hoped that things were going to change that day.

"I'm going to cut the cast now, so you need to keep your arm still" Dr. Kane advised.

"Okay".

The doctor grabbed what looked like a tiny electric saw, which was kind of scary despite its size, so Harry made sure to keep his arm as still as possible while the doctor used it. Once the cast was off, Dr. Kane moved his hand around to test the mobility, and he determined it had healed properly, and that in the next few weeks, he was going to (slowly) regain full function of the hand, but he still needed to wear a wrist strap for the time being.

So after a bunch of instructions and do's and dont's, Harry was finally free to go.

He walked out of the medical center, expecting to find Louis parked somewhere, but their blue car was nowhere to be seen.

When Harry was given the okay to go back to work after the car accident, Louis offered to drive him there back and forth, but that had only worked until his classes started again. Ever since then, he had only been able to drive him in the morning, because at the time Harry left from work, Louis was still in class, so he had been catching rides with a lad from work that lived near them.

That day was different though, because Harry had gone to the doctor after work, and he had known it was going to take long enough for Louis to have time to pick him up after class, that's why they had made that plan.

Harry looked at the time, and he realized that it was earlier than he expected it to be, so he was going to go back inside to wait for his fiancé (that still felt weird, but definitely right), but then he decided to call him first, in case he was near.

"Hello?" Louis answered.

"Hey, where are you?" Harry asked.

"A couple of blocks away, are you done already?" wondered Louis.

"Yes, I'm outside waiting for you".